IGNORED

Cpap Machine & Items

1957Buck

I do need one...tried a cpap machine for six months...the worst. I got a dental device from www.Athomesleepsolutions.com that works far better.

Guessing you do not have sleep apnea or ever had a sleep test.  just snoring. That to can be eliminated along with acid redux by raising the head of the bed 3-5 inches.  Good luck Bill

animated-American-flag-white-background-2018.gif

I'm used to mine now, wouldn't think about not using it, but mine is set near the highest setting. The first few nights of use, I awoke after 7 hrs like someone gave me a drug injection. It really can make the world of difference if you need it.

My Machines have been set at Ramp 5-16 never hit 16. 

Last night was the first time with my new machine Resmed AirSence 10 it is controlled by wifi to Doctor and Lyncare and my Computer so all the night's report can be read and it is scored by Time used Events Leaks last night had a score of 92 Medicare also monitors it for 30 days to see if you are compliant before they pay for it after 30 days they pay for it. After the 30 days, my ResMed S9 Auto will be for sale unless any member needs it. it is in very good working order.  Like I said PM Me. Bill

I hate them! I am going on 3 months and I can't stand the F'ing thing. As far as sleep studies go, I hate them also. The hospital charged me $6,800.00 for a bed and hooking me up to some wires. I have insurance but it still cost me $800.00 out of pocket. 

1957Buck,

I am on standby until Thursday night. Then back to the sleep study center.

I don't understand how anyone can actually sleep at these places. They have you twisted up in a mass of 500 wires, hoses, and tubes wrapped all around your body.

Then it a PITA trying to reach out and use the call light and have the nurse temporarily untangle you, just so you can walk down the hall to pee. Return to the room, Just to be wired up all over again. Then push the call light a few hours later to pee again.....

It is tough getting old. Seems like you have to pee every 20 minutes.

Well, at least the family will have a quick break with me out of the house for a night.

Ephesians Chapter 6:12

For we wrestle not against flesh and blood, but against principalities, against powers, against the rulers of the darkness of this world, against spiritual wickedness in high places.

Joshua Chapter 1:9  
Have not I commanded thee? Be strong and of a good courage; be not afraid, neither be thou dismayed: for the LORD thy God is with thee whithersoever thou goest.

Bill, I am LOL just recalling your story That Night at Centra State Hospital The bed sucked totally leaned on left side She woke me up countless times to reconnect the wires CPAPThe at  Machine was Noisey woke me up 6 am to go home and asked if I wanted a cookie and Juice. I had this Sticky mess in my hair that took 4 repeated washing to remove. 

Then was told by Doctor it was to be repeated. at least this time I brought my own Pillow but was told I could not bring my Teddy Bear  :down:

Thank God for Medicare and BCNS - UAW Bill paid in Full. 

Then the Therapist came to my house with the CPAP Machine to teach me how to use it and to fit a Mask. I went months and 5 masks before I found the Nasal mask was for me Twist and turn as you want it stays put no leaks. now 5 years with it no problems. Medicare has a replacement program where you get all the parts replaced every 3 months My insurance also full pays for that. 

The immediate problems you may have is Machine Placement. and choosing what mask works for you.  my insurance paid for two choices. The nasal one is the best for me but may not be for you have to keep jaw closed I used a chin strap for 3 months before that worked. PM me if you want any coaching Resmed the manufacturer of the Machine has people to help you online. I gave up on that. And Medicare won't pay if you show no compliance The machine has the memory card to show how much you use it My new one does it By WIFI and cardLike I said I want to help.   Bill  

Your profile says 99 years old  :hmmmer:  , Camden  what's true  :headscratch:

Edited by 1957Buck

If you have sleep apnea ... every night you are starving your heart and brain of oxygen.

As stated, you DO get accustomed to the CPAP machine. Someone has to show you how. Now, for me ... it's absolutely nothing to wear it each night.

Good luck.

I don't want to come across sounding like a #%$@, sleep apnea is a serious health issue and this is a serious question.

Those of you that need this machine, are you overweight?  Is there a correlation between bodyweight and sleep apnea?  It seems that everyone I know that has sleep apnea is heavy.  Can this be corrected by losing weight?    

I don't want to come across sounding like a #%$@, sleep apnea is a serious health issue and this is a serious question.

Those of you that need this machine, are you overweight?  Is there a correlation between bodyweight and sleep apnea?  It seems that everyone I know that has sleep apnea is heavy.  Can this be corrected by losing weight?    

Weight is one factor but not the main one. It can affect any age or persons.

My medical history is Vast much of it lung related even that does not make me a candidate.  many suffer from it never knowing till they get a dirt bed.

Your question is not *&*(^% but at least you want to know I guess you could ask what causes Bronchitis. what group.  One major problem is The cost to treat it from Doctors to Machines and regularly scheduled replacement parts. from Hoses. masks filter water tank, head gear. Mask Frames. If you do not have Medicare and supplemental insurance it becomes very costly. Not leave out the Testing and Monitoring. I wish it on Nobody.  

I am on my second Machine. in 5 years. Not that the first one was not working but the doctor wanted me on a new one that connects by WIFI and other improvements. 

Edited by 1957Buck

Those of you that need this machine, are you overweight?  

I don't believe so.

5' 7" = 175 lbs. (in very good shape)

Can still carry out my deer, and 90 lbs of salmon for 3 miles without stopping.

Carry two 50# feed bags without problems.

Not too bad for a 60 yo.

For we wrestle not against flesh and blood, but against principalities, against powers, against the rulers of the darkness of this world, against spiritual wickedness in high places.

Have not I commanded thee? Be strong and of a good courage; be not afraid, neither be thou dismayed: for the LORD thy God is with thee whithersoever thou goest.

I am told I have sleep apnea and yes, without a doubt could lose a few pounds. I tried a CPAP machine for a year and there was no way I could sleep w one. My last try was a dental device made by www.Athomesleepsolutions.com. By far better than a CPAP. Comfortable and stops my snoring.

Snoring?

While gardening out in the front yard. The neighbors, as well as a few folks walking their dogs past our house, have made comments to my wife about the noise coming from the house.

Has irritated me for years. My wife keeps pushing and shaking me all hours of the night. She reports I am not breathing for stretches of time.

I keep telling her, don't be in a rush to collect on my insurance. 

Geez, someday when I die, I sincerely hope she doesn't sell off my stuff too cheap. (Never tell'em what you actually paid for you equipment).

I do need one...tried a cpap machine for six months...the worst. I got a dental device from www.Athomesleepsolutions.com that works far better. Try it

Nick just looked this up. Was the mouthpiece covered by insurance or no? (not sure even how much it is) 

Does it help

A mouth Piece may stop Snoring the same way just raising the head of your bed 5-7 inches.  But does not prevent Sleep Apnea. That is the purpose of a CPAP machine that senses an event and provides air pressure to get your breathing back. After some 5 years, I still have at least 3 events a night the machine records and reports each day on how the past night went from time used Mask Leaks and Events.

Want a month piece Amazon has dozens that you do your own fitting no need for a dentist.

Want to prevent Sleep Apnea that will be a lot more involved.