IGNORED

Hinge cutting

Just talked to my neighbor on the right, he said do whatever we want on his land too. (5acre hillside ) and he showed me another 2 or 3 apple trees he knew about along my driveway border

http://www.jerseyjaystaxidermy.com

Good deal, Jay.  I have a sales call in Bergen County on the Saddle River at 10 am and will call you guys to see if you're still working when I'm done.  If so, I'll come help as we talked about.  Remember to leave the red and white oaks alone!  Your Norway spruce will be delivered to my Sparta property in late March or very early April and I will know a week or more in advance so we can get those bare root trees in the ground right away or keep them moist and out of the sun if we can't for some reason.

My forester wants me to eradicate invasives, including Norway maple, why not plant a native conifer? cedar for instance

Cedar is harder to grow because of deer browse although Jay has some already on his property that we will be helping both grow and spread.  Norway spruce is not the bad invasive that Norway maple is, so it's one of those non-natives that aren't causing significant issues for our native plants.  They also grow fast, are very drought tolerant in our area, and the deer leave them alone and love bedding in them or moving under/around them.  But I do prefer natives.  In a perfect world, I'd plant native red spruce but they are not widely available like the white and Norway spruce are.  White pine is another alternative and they are native, but once they grow mature they no longer have low hanging branches to provide that dark timber component we are looking for.    

Good deal, Jay. I have a sales call in Bergen County on the Saddle River at 10 am and will call you guys to see if you're still working when I'm done. If so, I'll come help as we talked about. Remember to leave the red and white oaks alone! Your Norway spruce will be delivered to my Sparta property in late March or very early April and I will know a week or more in advance so we can get those bare root trees in the ground right away or keep them moist and out of the sun if we can't for some reason.

Sounds good. I'll be going til dark, so come on over anytime.. rusty, what time you thinking on coming? Don't feel like you need to stay til dark, I'll be doing so, but I don't expect you guys to..

I appreciate whatever time you guys can offer.

I want to drop a few big trees prior to hinging/killing, I just don't know which ones are which until I get your insight.

How early do you want screaming saws waking up your wife and neighbors?

9:00?

Sounds fair enough.. get here at 9, by time we fire up the saws will be 930 anyway... unless you wanna drink your beers for breakfast lol then by time you sober up Brian and Jack should be here lol.

9 is good for me. I got some more help arriving late morning/early afternoon.