IGNORED

New stocking schedule for pheasants

Big Joe NJ

I know after reviewing the new stocking schedule for pheasant I couldn't be happier. I like the fact all WMAs will receive the same Tuesday and Thursday stocks that the larger fields receive. Prior to this I would have to drive a little under an hour to go on these dates. Now with the additional days I can drive under 2 miles to the WMA that's near my house. I know my dog is going to like it as I have taking half days on every stocking days so I can get morning hunting in. This is a change I thoroughly enjoy.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Edited by Big Joe NJ

I hope this year people pay better attention to start times and have better control of their dogs. I guess it is what it is on public land.

FPC  - "Without either the first or second amendment, we would have no liberty; the first allows us to find out what's happening, the second allows us to do something about it! The second will be taken away first, followed by the first and then the rest of our freedoms." - Andrew Ford

Yea there is some early shooters, mainly on the larger WMA's I've noticed. I've seen a lot at Colliers, Assunpink and Millville. Not as bad at the smaller ones. You know opening day is going to be a crap storm though.

And as far as guys shooting early and dogs busting Birds. It is what it is. I run my dog first thing in the morning for all the guys I hunt with to get a chance at a bird. Than around 10 am I spilt off with just me and the dog and do the real hunting. I love it all the birds are in the swamps or hard to reach areas without a dog. So that's where we go and wouldn't have it any other way. My dog is 9 this year. Can't wait 

I hunt with my sons dog, a 3 year old Morkie (Yorkie/Maltese). He's 12 pounds of fury. The smallest dog out there but he's fearless with a great nose and prey drive. I got my 2 birds more times than not and he got good with quail last year as well but those little birds are hard to hit with a flusher.IMG_0394.JPG

Edited by Big Joe NJ

That little guy will put a full day in with full size labs and keep up my buddies are amazed. I started bringing him out just to get exercise but after watching my buddy's dogs he figured it out. I've watched well trained GSPs walk right by birds my dog than flushed up. I doubted him at first but now I follow his lead. I think with him being so low to the ground he has an advantage. He doesn't like the fields as much though but that's were everybody goes anyway so I just hit the wood line. He's a killer haha

Edited by Big Joe NJ