IGNORED

Fluid Film

For what application? On a tree stand? I've never used the stuff, but curious what you mean. I might want something to stop rust on my tree stand I have out in the woods.

I meant undercoating a vehicle but the thought of using it on my treestand also crossed my mind.

Edited by newjerseyhunter

I meant undercoating a vehicle but the thought of using it on my treestand also crossed my mind.

Oh! HA!  My bad. You put this thread in the "NJ Hunting > General Hunting Discussion" forum, I figured it was some sort of trick to stop rust on a gun or tree stand or some such thing.  :)

You should probably move this over to the Lounge or something ;)

Oh! HA!  My bad. You put this thread in the "NJ Hunting > General Hunting Discussion" forum, I figured it was some sort of trick to stop rust on a gun or tree stand or some such thing.  :)

You should probably move this over to the Lounge or something ;)

I wasn't sure where to put and I figured, most of us use our trucks for hunting. I thought perhaps the lounge can only be seen by people who log in and since this was a real general question I would have rather it hit the largest audience. Not sure if that is how this site works though.

I wasn't sure where to put and I figured, most of us use our trucks for hunting. I thought perhaps the lounge can only be seen by people who log in and since this was a real general question I would have rather it hit the largest audience. Not sure if that is how this site works though.

It doesn't fit nice and neatly into any one of our forums and I think you're fine leaving it here.  Normally, it would go in the lounge if it doesn't fit other forums, but this one will get more traction most likely.  And it might be a good idea for some stands....

The best rust preventative I know

I was at Cabela's a few months back and there was a pickup truck there that had been entirely coated in this black, almost plastic substance with texture to it, almost like what you spray on something you'd want to get better grip on.   I have no idea what is was or how much it cost, but it fascinated me, lol.  Looked pretty cool too.  No way a drop of rust would ever get through because the entire truck was covered in it.

"I wish we could sell them another hill at the same price." - Brigadier General Nathanael Greene, June 28, 1775