IGNORED

Caught a manged fox

Caught this fox over the past weekend on one of the properties my club is allowed to hunt. Unfortunately it had the beginning stages of mange, so I had to dispose of it properly. Hard to see in the picture but the skin was pink and scalley. It was a young male that is very underweight. Hopefully not too many more on the property have it because it is loaded with sign. I shot one while we were deer driving ( top picture) and found a crossing log in the corner of the property next to a road that I couldn't resist throwing a snare on. Had this red snared the next day. This weekend I am going to line it.

Almost had a third over the weekend when I went out with the decoy but dam these things are fast when they come charging in lol. Had a red do a super man jump on the decoy and bolt out of there once he realized it was fake, didn't skip a beat.

IMG_3240.JPG

IMG_3228.JPG

Edited by Oneday121o

nice job, unless you are doing nuisance control work now isnt the time to set for fox, all of them will be rubbed and worthless. their furs are good right up to the middle of january after that you cant give them away

nice job, unless you are doing nuisance control work now isnt the time to set for fox, all of them will be rubbed and worthless. their furs are good right up to the middle of january after that you cant give them away

Even the males? I thought it was just the females? The male I shot wasn't rubbed out.

I don't think I'm setting the market for my first year anyway, I only have like 6 coons and one fox so far lol. I am kind of a weekend trapper and this is my first year...hasn't been a lucky one, but definitely a good learning one. I release or can't use more animals than I keep.

And the females will be carrying. Leave the seed

There is nothing more intolerant than a liberal preaching tolerance 

God gives the toughest battles to his strongest soldiers

"Leadership is a potent combination of strategy and character. But if you must be without one, be without the strategy."

Since we are on the topic of skinning foxes...do you guys tube the arms short or cut it at the ankle? Do you cut the triangle around the anus and over the pecker hole or do you leave the pecker hole and just cut it at the balls? Sorry for the descriptiveness but he am new to this and could use a few tips. Just wondering if you need to leave that extra bit of fur there.

Nice! I haven't gotten one damn Fox yet. And we have been trying just no luck. They are there we see lots of sign we just keep having bad luck or none at all. Also we hunt in a group which I know isn't good but we are having fun and that's what counts. Most of the Fox I've seen this year have poor Fur. Not that I am any judge but they just don't look like the usual January pelts I see guys posting up.

Sent from my flip phone with the big buttons so I can see them

Since we are on the topic of skinning foxes...do you guys tube the arms short or cut it at the ankle? Do you cut the triangle around the anus and over the pecker hole or do you leave the pecker hole and just cut it at the balls? Sorry for the descriptiveness but he am new to this and could use a few tips. Just wondering if you need to leave that extra bit of fur there.

I leave them long and trim later if need be. I don't know what you're talking about with a triangle. I skin mine just in front of the testes. I want as much fur as possible and trim later. The only fur left on the carcass when I'm done is on the paws and in between the nuts and the round eye. Just how I do it.image.jpgimage.jpg Edited by Bucndoe

There is nothing more intolerant than a liberal preaching tolerance 

God gives the toughest battles to his strongest soldiers

"Leadership is a potent combination of strategy and character. But if you must be without one, be without the strategy."