IGNORED

Gun Clubs??

HamiltonR&G

we should start a thread of how many deer are actually lost during bow season it's mind boggling probably as many as that's been harvested and reported I'm a gambler and I'll bet my bottom dollar a high number

There have been a few studies and shotgun hunters have roughly twice the crippling loss rate as bowhunters.  The thinking being that the average bowhunter is more experienced and self-controlled than the average gun hunter.  

Double Oaks in Millville had 18 as of lunchtime yesterday, a few decent ones. Biggest one killed by a young girl. That's about on par for them now, would have been near thirty 10-15 years ago. 

I pledge allegiance to the Flag of the United States of America and to the Republic for which it stands, one nation UNDER GOD, indivisible, with liberty and justice for all.

Double Oaks in Millville had 18 as of lunchtime yesterday, a few decent ones. Biggest one killed by a young girl. That's about on par for them now, would have been near thirty 10-15 years ago. 

That's great for that young girl!! :up:

Mathews Halon

United Bowhunters of NJ

NWTF - Tri County Longbeards

New Jersey Outdoor Alliance

There are many ways people chose to Hunt deer there are also opinions on each way,  Many times the Zones dictate the style. Standing, Driving Baiting. even Poaching,  I have Hunted Sussex Mountains. Warren Farms, Monmouth -Ocean- Farms-Woods- Briars- Pines . From Scouting preseason to Posting in them all. Only when I lost my Dad and made the move to Monmouth did I join a Club one organized another  just some 15 that met up for deer seasons. The 2 all did Driving I soon tired of them both after 3 seasons and went back to Scouting and Posting with 4 buddies from work. The Clubs were driven about Numbers, it was competition with  other clubs. It took a lot out of how I was brought up by my Father & Uncle's that it was about the hunt The Harvesting of a deer was a reward, where some years went by with no deer taken in the 50s early 60s that were the Norm,  Driving or Posting is sometimes dictated by the areas hunted. or by choice. mine was to Scout and post. 

( Point ) a club near Great Adventure had a school bus I was on the post that day as the bus moved down the dirt RD slowly the hunters would bail out the back door every 50 yds and stand there till a whistle Blow to statr the Drive The shooting began shortly after.  Learned later they Shot 2 Deer after some 30 or mor shots. Not to menetion the Does we saw left in the woods behinf them.  This is not a isolated incident for some of these cluns. when there are some good there are the bad.   I gave up deer hunting with thoses memorys in mind and it most likely helped me decide to quit. But I still enjoy going to some areas just to watch and stand weather permitting.  I judge no one on how they chose to hunt Good luck. I left out only 4 guys were shot by standers in those 3 years.  by Buck shot at least Slugs were banned in Drives. 

animated-American-flag-white-background-2018.gif

Mauricetown had 31 or 32, and not sure about Venatores but they are usually at the top of clubs down here so, probably something like what Mauricetown ended with. 

I pledge allegiance to the Flag of the United States of America and to the Republic for which it stands, one nation UNDER GOD, indivisible, with liberty and justice for all.