IGNORED

Need some help

Russ 11

First off I know nothing about kayaks . My son's b-day is coming up and he is asking for fishing kayak . With about a$300 limit I found 2 online .  #1 is a Lifetime Tamarack '10 angler .  #2 is a Sun Dolphin Journey '10 SS. Can anyone tell me anything about these . Are they safe ? Are they junk ?  Any help or suggestions would be greatly appreciated . He will be 16 if that helps .  Thanks in advance .

5 minutes ago, Russ 11 said:

First off I know nothing about kayaks . My son's b-day is coming up and he is asking for fishing kayak . With about a$300 limit I found 2 online .  #1 is a Lifetime Tamarack '10 angler .  #2 is a Sun Dolphin Journey '10 SS. Can anyone tell me anything about these . Are they safe ? Are they junk ?  Any help or suggestions would be greatly appreciated . He will be 16 if that helps .  Thanks in advance .

Is he going to tow it behind his bike?

"The Nation Which Forgets Its Defenders, Will Itself Be Forgotten".

33 minutes ago, Pathman said:

I don’t know about those you mentioned, but Ocean Kayaks are very good, and there are a couple of Frenzy models for sale in your price range on Craigslist. 

Thank you Pathman I will look into them . :up:

They sell Sun Dolphin @ Tractor Supply.  They just put a 12 footer on the floor at my local store.  I think that they had it on sale last month $329.  Keep in mind the local regs wherever you want to use it.  Merrill Creek has a 10 or 11 foot minimum length.  Good luck. :up:

They appear nice and have nice features. The reason they are light and low cost is the plastic. The plastic is very thin and will not hold up as well as a more expensive kayak. I have seen many at Wal-Mart with dents and large dings. They are not bad but be very careful with them.