IGNORED

Who here has their FFL ??

MRMCR

I have the paperwork and been fingerprinted , but just haven't sent it in.......( was going to have my attorney /  friend look it over first ).......anyway being in the estate sale business I figured it would be good to have.......I have spoken to one or two people that have it , and they told me it was no problems or hassles.........So what are the opinions here ??.........over the years we have sold a few shotguns , rifles at our sales........and Ive seen collections of guns from 10 guns to a few hundred.......not really looking at getting it as a business, I know you dont make much....

ESTATESALESBYOLGA.COM    ALWAYS BUYING ANTIQUE AND VINTAGE ITEMS  CALL 908 868 8236 MIKE

Are you talking C&R or FFL?

I thought the point of the FFL was getting into as a business? I thought you need  a store front, books for the ATF to inspect, and as an FFL were looking to profit from the sale of firearms?

And congrats for being in NJ and becoming an FFL.

FPC  - "Without either the first or second amendment, we would have no liberty; the first allows us to find out what's happening, the second allows us to do something about it! The second will be taken away first, followed by the first and then the rest of our freedoms." - Andrew Ford

I have a C&R FFL or called an 03. If you are looking for an 01 FFL you need a zoning permit from your town first and have to apply to NJSP for license. C&R is just for collecting and NJ does NOT recognize it! I get discounts on parts and ammo. So for 30.00 every 3 years it is worth it.

Edited by 1563621

Isn't there a form of a fire arms sales license where the person works under a full FFL in a store, but doesn't actually doesn't have the FFL themself? In other words one person in the store or the store itself has the FFL and other employees are permitted to make firearm sales.

2 hours ago, 1563621 said:

I have a C&R FFL or called an 03. If you are looking for an 01 FFL you need a zoning permit from your town first and have to apply to NJSP for license. C&R is just for collecting and NJ does NOT recognize it! I get discounts on parts and ammo. So for 30.00 every 3 years it is worth it.

This is correct. You won't get an FFL issued/approved without a brick and mortar location and a license for retail sale. The location is subject to inspection and approval by ATF and NJSP

There is nothing more intolerant than a liberal preaching tolerance 

God gives the toughest battles to his strongest soldiers

"Leadership is a potent combination of strategy and character. But if you must be without one, be without the strategy."

I have a commercial building I will operate out of....... and of course you have to keep records....and Im not going to do it for charity......but I know you aint gonna make much......as far as retail license Ill let my attorney figure that out.....hes a friend and wont charge me........

ESTATESALESBYOLGA.COM    ALWAYS BUYING ANTIQUE AND VINTAGE ITEMS  CALL 908 868 8236 MIKE

1 hour ago, 230jhp said:

Isn't there a form of a fire arms sales license where the person works under a full FFL in a store, but doesn't actually doesn't have the FFL themself? In other words one person in the store or the store itself has the FFL and other employees are permitted to make firearm sales.

Working under an FFL is called a pink card. As a pink card holder & working in store, usually you carry in store. Or if transporting firearms for store. You do make sales while in store.

11 minutes ago, 1563621 said:

Working under an FFL is called a pink card. As a pink card holder & working in store, usually you carry in store. Or if transporting firearms for store. You do make sales while in store.

What is the process to get a pink card?

On 4/5/2018 at 10:24 AM, 230jhp said:

Is an FFL required to operate as a gun smith?

From what I have seen the gun smiths near me in PA operate under an FFL, meaning there is a store owner and the gun smith rents space from the store owner to operate as a licensed gun smith.

The smith in the FFL building brings in business.

FPC  - "Without either the first or second amendment, we would have no liberty; the first allows us to find out what's happening, the second allows us to do something about it! The second will be taken away first, followed by the first and then the rest of our freedoms." - Andrew Ford