IGNORED

Not illegal but not allowed

On 4/4/2024 at 8:52 PM, NotJust22s said:

Provided the duck fall dead in the river and not on the land

Leave your gun in the boat if you have to retrieve a bird from land:up:

On 4/4/2024 at 3:25 PM, NJNewbie said:

As always I'm trying to find new duck spots for next year. 

I found a nice piece along a river in northern nj both sides are bordered by township owned land(different town on each side).

I read through all the ordinances with a fine combed tooth. one town does not have any discharge laws/ "no hunting rules"  the other town actually lists legal hunting as an exception to discharge.

Anyways I called the game warden and he said looks legal but I should call local PD and confirm. 

Well local PD didn't know the answer so they sent me to the town clerk. She clearly had never had anyone call regarding hunting before and seemed uncomfortable talking to me.  Anyways she told me that the town is in agreement with a deer club and they are the only ones allowed to hunt there. I responded by saying that I read the ordinance they have with the deer club(which is true i actually did many times), and it never once states that they are the only ones allowed to hunt there. It simply says the town has granted them permission to hunt it. but since there is nothing that says its illegal, I'm not sure if they even needed permission. 

So anyways the clerk said if I'm not in the club cant hunt there and she was not listening to any of my reasoning. MY question is, how are they going to arrest me for a law I did not break? I read the township owned land policy and im allowed to be on it, so I'm not trespassing, and nothing says no hunting or discharge. What should i do here? 

Sounds like you have a decision to make on your own !

HONOR THE FALLEN
https://thefallen.militarytimes.com/
Over the years the US has sent many of its fine young men & women into great peril to fight for freedom beyond our borders. The only amount of land we have ever asked for in return, is enough to bury those that did not return. COLIN POWELL