IGNORED

Toyota 4 runner for sale, update, price change-SOLD

DV1

2000 Toyota 4 Runner Limited 4wd for sale. has 201,500 miles on it. Gloucester/Salem County area.

I've been using it as an every day vehicle since November with the intention of taking it to Maine to leave it there for a hunting camp vehicle, but our plans changed. 

Body is in great shape, interior is in pretty good shape too and has almost new tires on it, has a new rear cargo mat, everything works (4 WD, sunroof, radio, power windows, doors, seats, etc.) and new shocks for the rear hatch. It just went through NJ inspection in January and has a sticker good until 2026, but it has a few mechanical issues.

It has a power steering fluid leak, looks like a leaky PS line to me but I didn't get that far into it.  Also, on Tuesday, it developed a stutter and the check engine light came on. The thing has been running smooth for me but it's got a misfire now, could be something as simple as a plug or wire, or coil pack. Update on this issue. The plug wire for #4 was shorted out and new wires fixed this issue. Had the oil changed about 1000 miles ago and the shop also checked the brakes and said they are not new, but good for a while yet. If you are interested, PM me and I can direct you to the shop where I had my service done, and he looked over the brakes and such. You can talk to him yourself, if interested.

If you are mechanically inclined, this would be a good buy. If you want something that doesn't need some attention now and then, this isn't for you, it's 24 years old and has over 200k miles on it, and things are going to fail eventually but it's clean, everything on it works and runs smooth. Here is the listing from when we bought it in November. Just trying to be upfront and honest as possible because I know buying, and selling, used cars can be a bit of a mine field. Price now is $4000.00.

Toyota.thumb.jpg.1558642fe5c8c2809a17275096532966.jpg

Edited by DV1

I pledge allegiance to the Flag of the United States of America and to the Republic for which it stands, one nation UNDER GOD, indivisible, with liberty and justice for all.

Some more pics from today

20240314_115236.jpg

20240314_115250.jpg

20240314_115317.jpg

20240314_115327.jpg

I pledge allegiance to the Flag of the United States of America and to the Republic for which it stands, one nation UNDER GOD, indivisible, with liberty and justice for all.

20240314_115415.jpg

20240314_115432.jpg

20240314_115458.jpg

20240314_115549.jpg

Update on this, plug wire for #4 was shorted out, has been replaced and she runs smooth as silk.

Price changed to $4000.00

• DV1 changed the title to Toyota 4 runner for sale, update, price change
3 hours ago, Bonefreak said:

Nice woods rig!!

when was the timing belt changed?  Supposedly best at every 100k miles.  I lost my 01 Tundra cuz I waited too long. 

I dont know when the belt was last changed. I bought it in November and haven't done it. 

1 hour ago, DV1 said:

I dont know when the belt was last changed. I bought it in November and haven't done it. 

Gotchya. I would try and find out by previous owner ASAP or not drive it another mile without doing it…my truck had many more yrs in it but was scrapped cuz timing belt broke. Even if you sold it to someone and they drove it down the road 1 mile and it happened…yes you would have your $4k…but they would be holding a leaky bag and you would probably feel crappy bout it. 

13 hours ago, Bonefreak said:

Gotchya. I would try and find out by previous owner ASAP or not drive it another mile without doing it…my truck had many more yrs in it but was scrapped cuz timing belt broke. Even if you sold it to someone and they drove it down the road 1 mile and it happened…yes you would have your $4k…but they would be holding a leaky bag and you would probably feel crappy bout it. 

I don’t understand why you would scrap a good truck because of a timing belt there not that expensive even if you have a shop do it your only looking at about 500.00 I wouldn’t scrap a good truck for that

25 minutes ago, smittty said:

I don’t understand why you would scrap a good truck because of a timing belt there not that expensive even if you have a shop do it your only looking at about 500.00 I wouldn’t scrap a good truck for that

Quote from Pro automotive .

There are some engine components that can break without causing serious damage. You can drive to your mechanic and have the part replaced without any problems. This is not the case with a timing belt, however. When the timing belt breaks, the crankshaft will continue to spin, while the camshaft will stop turning. As a result, the pistons will continue to rise and fall in their cylinders and can, in some instances strike the valves. When this happens, the pistons, valves and cylinder heads will be damaged, and because it happens so quickly, the damage will be virtually instantaneous.

Captain Dan Bias

REELMUSIC SPORTFISHING

50# Striper live release club.

http://reelmusicsportfishing.blogspot.com/

13 hours ago, Bonefreak said:

That's a good idea, but I have no way of knowing. If someone wants to make an offer, factoring in the cost of changing the timing belt, make an offer.

9 minutes ago, hammer4reel said:

Quote from Pro automotive .

There are some engine components that can break without causing serious damage. You can drive to your mechanic and have the part replaced without any problems. This is not the case with a timing belt, however. When the timing belt breaks, the crankshaft will continue to spin, while the camshaft will stop turning. As a result, the pistons will continue to rise and fall in their cylinders and can, in some instances strike the valves. When this happens, the pistons, valves and cylinder heads will be damaged, and because it happens so quickly, the damage will be virtually instantaneous.

Well if that’s what happened then that’s a good reason to scrap maybe 

3 hours ago, Alltickedup said:

Do you know if the 4 runners have the frame rust issues like the tundra's and tocoma's ?

Good point. But me and my brother both had our tundras frame replaced….they may even still be replacing them like on this 4 runner

1 hour ago, smittty said:

Well if that’s what happened then that’s a good reason to scrap maybe 

Na. It’s definitely worth doing a timing belt and use it as a woods truck. Just have to get it to a shop without it happening