IGNORED

Winchester long beard 20ga

Rjtfd

In every gun and choke combo I’ve tried, the 6s have out performed 5s and 4s no matter my choke combo. Both 12 and 20 gauge. And I’ve shot birds out to 50 yards with the 6’s and it drops em no problem. Good luck with it, sweet gun. 

Edited by Jcol6268

4 minutes ago, Jcol6268 said:

In every gun and choke combo I’ve tried, the 6s have out performed 5s and 4s no matter my choke combo. Both 12 and 20 gauge. And I’ve shot birds out to 50 yards with the 6’s and it drops em no problem. Good luck with it, sweet gun. 

Same here but 6s seem harder to find.   This year I’m experimenting with TSS. 

24 minutes ago, Jcol6268 said:

Every review with this gun the 6’s are the way to go. Very good pattern at 40 yards. I guess I want to try the 5’s for myself. I’ve always shot super X #5 from my 12 guage and they worked well. 

22 minutes ago, Merkel said:

Try Roger’s Sporting Goods 

https://rogerssportinggoods.com/winchester-long-beard-xr-20ga-3-1-1-4oz-1000fps/

Not local but I was at Cabela’s the other day. They had them on the shelf. 

I tried a few times to order from them today and when I got to the checkout it just kept spinning. I gave up. I tried Buds also who had the best price but it’s not letting me enter my credit card? Shows in stock but won’t let me enter card. I’ll try calling tomorrow. Was hoping one of the stores in NJ had them in stock. I’ll make some calls tomorrow. 

2 minutes ago, BHC said:

Longbeard ammo seems to shoot excellent when paired with the longbeard choke

YouTube has quite a few comparisons with different chokes so it makes it easy narrowing down from the start. Best pattern I seen was a .562 constriction. 
I have no desire for TSS cause I am not looking to shoot a turkey at 60 yards and $10 a shell.  The fun part of turkey hunting is calling and getting them inside of 30 and getting off the shot. Anything more I just need to learn how to hunt them and call better. 🤣

20 minutes ago, Rjtfd said:

YouTube has quite a few comparisons with different chokes so it makes it easy narrowing down from the start. Best pattern I seen was a .562 constriction. 
I have no desire for TSS cause I am not looking to shoot a turkey at 60 yards and $10 a shell.  The fun part of turkey hunting is calling and getting them inside of 30 and getting off the shot. Anything more I just need to learn how to hunt them and call better. 🤣

26 minutes ago, Rjtfd said:

I tried a few times to order from them today and when I got to the checkout it just kept spinning. I gave up. I tried Buds also who had the best price but it’s not letting me enter my credit card? Shows in stock but won’t let me enter card. I’ll try calling tomorrow. Was hoping one of the stores in NJ had them in stock. I’ll make some calls tomorrow. 

Weird that you can’t finalize the transaction. Give them a call to resolve.  Alternatively, give Pequest Sporting Goods a call. They may have what you’re looking for. 

Here’s my APEX TSS pattern at 30 yards from my new Beretta A300 using an Indian Creek choke.  I call them in close as well; never more than 20-25 yards.  

IMG_6714.jpeg

7 hours ago, Merkel said:

Weird that you can’t finalize the transaction. Give them a call to resolve.  Alternatively, give Pequest Sporting Goods a call. They may have what you’re looking for. 

Here’s my APEX TSS pattern at 30 yards from my new Beretta A300 using an Indian Creek choke.  I call them in close as well; never more than 20-25 yards.  

IMG_6714.jpeg

How do you like the gun? Did you not like the beretta choke? 

1 hour ago, Rjtfd said:

How do you like the gun? Did you not like the beretta choke? 

I like the gun a lot. The only “issue” I had was the gun wasn’t cycling lighter loads. I was testing 7/8 oz shells. Owners manual states use 1 1/8 oz shot during break in. I confirmed this with Beretta CS and several friends who had same issue.  Other than that it’s a great gun.  The factory choke is fine but APEX recommends pairing with an Indian Creek. 

56 minutes ago, Swamprat said:

Cheyenne in Bordentown had a bunch of 20ga Winchester turkey loads. Not sure if longbeard or supreme(was a black box). 

Thanks I’ll take a ride down.