IGNORED

Winchester long beard 20ga

Rjtfd

25 minutes ago, Merkel said:

I like the gun a lot. The only “issue” I had was the gun wasn’t cycling lighter loads. I was testing 7/8 oz shells. Owners manual states use 1 1/8 oz shot during break in. I confirmed this with Beretta CS and several friends who had same issue.  Other than that it’s a great gun.  The factory choke is fine but APEX recommends pairing with an Indian Creek. 

I heard that about cycling light loads. Everything I’ve read said gun needs to be broken in. Did you get the 24” barrel?

2 minutes ago, Rjtfd said:

I heard that about cycling light loads. Everything I’ve read said gun needs to be broken in. Did you get the 24” barrel?

Yes, the turkey model - 24”. Wanted a dedicated shorter turkey gun.  Actually wanted the A400 but it didn’t come in a 24” barrel.   

4 hours ago, Merkel said:

Yes, the turkey model - 24”. Wanted a dedicated shorter turkey gun.  Actually wanted the A400 but it didn’t come in a 24” barrel.   

Yes I wanted dedicated gun. Originally was looking at the mossberg 500 but went to steoger M3020 and wound up with A300. More than I wanted to spend but I have an A320 in 12ga and I’m sure I’ll be happy with this. Eventually I’ll grab a 28” barrel and use it for more than just turkey.