IGNORED

Permitless Carry Passes South Carolina Senate

It’s nice to see more and more states adopting constitutional carry, but it will unfortunately never happen for certain states like NJ.  About the only thing scarier to NJ politicians than their citizens owning guns are those citizens openly carrying them in public. 

2 hours ago, Bucksnbows said:

It’s nice to see more and more states adopting constitutional carry, but it will unfortunately never happen for certain states like NJ.  About the only thing scarier to NJ politicians than their citizens owning guns are those citizens openly carrying them in public. 

While I do agree with you , it wasn’t that long ago we were saying we would never be able to have a ccw in NJ. 

I think there's really only two ways we'll see permit-less carry in NJ:

1. Enough of the permit-less states get together a pass a constitutional amendment that specifically enacts it. Possible, but unlikely.

2. SCOTUS issues a ruling saying carry permitting regimes are unequivocally unconstitutional and citizens can carry without a permit. This is probably the more likely scenario since they already said in Bruen that they'd be willing to do this if permitting regimes were too onerous or abusive, and they're seeing CA, NJ, NY, & MA do this post-Bruen. SCOTUS has been watching what's going on and don't want to get involved interlocutory, but sooner or later some of these cases will start getting certiorari at SCOTUS (possibly this or next year).

That's only a handful of state though. The biggest offenders being the state mentioned above. I don't believe those states are enough to bring constitutional carry up for writ of cert. 

Not trusting the government doesn't make you a conspiracy theorist, it makes you a history buff