IGNORED

Pintails

Batsto

We saw a pair of Pintails yesterday. I have never seen a Pintail in our Piney Bog. You never know what you will see. They faked me out. They were flying with a bunch of Robins.  Tomorrow morning should be a good day with some weather moving in the afternoon. 

Edited by Batsto

8 minutes ago, jerseyducker said:

Havnt seen pin tails in years- used to see them in winter of all places off the NJTP in linden. Haven't seen C-Backs in years either along the shore. 

A raft of Canvasbacks winters annually in varying numbers off Society Hill, Jersey City in Newark Bay. This area actually has the NJ fall high count of 6000 on 16 Dec 1979 and 5000 on 17 Dec 1978.

Nowadays a raft off 400 is a lot!

1 hour ago, jerseyducker said:

Havnt seen pin tails in years- used to see them in winter of all places off the NJTP in linden. Haven't seen C-Backs in years either along the shore. 

Pintails have been plentiful and wide spread the last 2 years. It’s less uncommon with each passing year for me to see and kill them, even in places that 10 years ago I never saw them. 

Canvasbacks continue to be weather dependent for me. When we get some ice they get killed. Otherwise I don’t see many

Few buddies have killed them down south recently. I’ve never seen one up north. I also haven’t even been out once this year. My limited scouting has shown very little for birds this year though.