IGNORED

NJDEP Shore Access Rule Webinar for Stakeholders

PIPL-with-chicks-scaled.jpg

The NJDEP is proposing a new rule that will allow the Department to restrict access to tidal areas and adjacent shorelines to protect endangered wildlife. Staff of NJ Fish and Wildlife will present a webinar on Tuesday, September 19, at 12:00 noon to provide information on this upcoming rule proposal. This webinar will be open to the public. Comments and suggestions will be welcomed at the end of the webinar. The presentation will be recorded for later viewing by those who cannot attend, along with the email address for comments.

September 19 @ 12:00 pm – To be held via Microsoft Teams ONLY

View the full article

29 minutes ago, mazzgolf said:

WTH is this?? Anyone know more about what this mess is about? Where the restrictions will be?

Doesn't really make sense. Delaware Bay gets posted during shorebird migration from mid March to Mid May to begin with. Any coastal area from Sandy Hook to Cape May that they nest in and use already gets delineated and guarded from people too. So what, they're now going to tell you you can't go into the surf zone fishing, swimming, etc., at a beach you pay access for because a bird is feeding there.....?

4 hours ago, chenrossi said:

Doesn't really make sense. Delaware Bay gets posted during shorebird migration from mid March to Mid May to begin with. Any coastal area from Sandy Hook to Cape May that they nest in and use already gets delineated and guarded from people too. So what, they're now going to tell you you can't go into the surf zone fishing, swimming, etc., at a beach you pay access for because a bird is feeding there.....?

There is already an area, Sandy Hook the very tip, completely off limits, including surf zone walking or fishing. I bet they are looking to grab more areas like this 

3 hours ago, Lunatic said:

There is already an area, Sandy Hook the very tip, completely off limits, including surf zone walking or fishing. I bet they are looking to grab more areas like this 

I know - that just reinforces my point. North Brig too they shut down the whole north point to vehicles even if you buy a pass. But up and down the coast they are on so many other beaches and they delineate those areas to keep people away to begin with. So it just seems to be more of a land grab like you're suggesting. 

• 2 weeks later...