IGNORED

Lyme and Schools

Batsto

37 minutes ago, jumpthestring said:

They could come up with a vaccine for covid in 5 months. why is it taking so damn long for them with lyme ?

I think they fell short with the covid vaccine, everyone I know that took the jab got sick anyway:down:

Edited by bucky

14 minutes ago, bucky said:

I think they fell short with the covid vaccine, everyone I know that took the jab got sick anyway:down:

That's cause it was sugar water to make people feel like they were doing something, happy everyone in my family got the rona and remained pure bloods lol.

As for the Lyme vaccine they tried once and it failed miserably I've had Lyme's for the past 25 years now off and on, it's always there just not alive until reintroduced and you know when it's kicking lol.

Like the rona jab they can keep what they make for this also

Not a complete a$$ hole just one of the dingle berries that hang off it.

A New Vaccine to Protect Against Lyme Disease Begins Final Trial

Arriving 20 years after first Lyme vaccine was discontinued, experts say new vaccine is 'a long time coming.' 

A vaccine that would protect people as young as 5 years old from Lyme disease is recruiting participants for its third and final clinical trial, according to an announcement by Pfizer and the French pharmaceutical company Valneva, developers of the vaccine.

The trial, Vaccine Against Lyme for Outdoor Recreationists (VALOR) will investigate the efficacy, safety, and immunogenicity of the investigational Lyme disease vaccine candidate, VLA15.

“We are extremely pleased to reach this important milestone in the development of VLA15. Lyme disease continues to spread, representing a high unmet medical need that impacts the lives of many in the Northern Hemisphere,” said Juan Carlos Jaramillo, MD, chief medical officer of Valneva, in a release. “We look forward to further investigating the VLA15 candidate in phase 3, which will take us a step closer to potentially bringing this vaccine to both adults and children who would benefit from it.”

“I think it’s great that we’re getting a new vaccine for Lyme disease — I think it’s important that we have one, especially in environments where there are lots of opportunities to get a tick bite that can transmit the disease,” says Mark Soloski, PhD, professor (emeritus) of molecular microbiology and immunology at the Johns Hopkins School of Medicine in Baltimore, who has conducted research on Lyme disease. “The data from the phase 1 and 2 trials is promising,” he adds.

New Lyme Disease Vaccine 'A Long Time Coming'

If the Phase 3 trial is successful and the vaccine is approved, it will be the only Lyme disease vaccine available for humans in the United States. However, that process will take a few more years, according to the companies — there aren’t plans to seek authorization for the vaccine until 2025. 

A new vaccine for Lyme disease “has been a while coming,” says Dr. Soloski. “We did have a vaccine back in the 1990s that was taken off the market. That vaccine, called LYMERix, was withdrawn 20 years ago due to some adverse reactions that were reported, including arthritis, which some believed was caused by specific segments of the vaccine protein, according to the National Institute of Allergy and Infectious Diseases.

Although an analysis by the U.S. Food and Drug administration didn’t find evidence to support these reports, sales of the vaccine tumbled, and the manufacturer chose to stop making it.

New Vaccine Engineered to Reduce Potential Side Effects

This new vaccine has a similar mechanism of action to that discontinued vaccine; it also targets the OspA, the outer surface protein of the Borrelia bacteria that causes Lyme disease. This inhibits the bacterium’s ability to leave the tick and infect humans.

Other Potential Vaccines and Prevention Tools for Lyme Disease in the Pipeline

In addition to the Pfizer-Valneva vaccine, there are other potential therapies and vaccines in the pipeline designed to protect people against Lyme disease, says Soloski. “There’s a company, MassBiologics, which has developed a monoclonal antibody that can prevent a tick bite from transmitting the bacteria that causes Lyme disease,” he says. That shot may be available as early as 2024, according to a UMass Chan Medical School release.

Another vaccine that is still in the early experimental phase is working on a vaccine that would immunize people against any tick bite — not just the blacklegged ticks, says Soloski. “That’s important because that vaccine would not only protect against Lyme disease but many other tickborne diseases as well,” he says.

32 minutes ago, tpr1921 said:

A New Vaccine to Protect Against Lyme Disease Begins Final Trial

Arriving 20 years after first Lyme vaccine was discontinued, experts say new vaccine is 'a long time coming.' 

A vaccine that would protect people as young as 5 years old from Lyme disease is recruiting participants for its third and final clinical trial, according to an announcement by Pfizer and the French pharmaceutical company Valneva, developers of the vaccine.

The trial, Vaccine Against Lyme for Outdoor Recreationists (VALOR) will investigate the efficacy, safety, and immunogenicity of the investigational Lyme disease vaccine candidate, VLA15.

“We are extremely pleased to reach this important milestone in the development of VLA15. Lyme disease continues to spread, representing a high unmet medical need that impacts the lives of many in the Northern Hemisphere,” said Juan Carlos Jaramillo, MD, chief medical officer of Valneva, in a release. “We look forward to further investigating the VLA15 candidate in phase 3, which will take us a step closer to potentially bringing this vaccine to both adults and children who would benefit from it.”

“I think it’s great that we’re getting a new vaccine for Lyme disease — I think it’s important that we have one, especially in environments where there are lots of opportunities to get a tick bite that can transmit the disease,” says Mark Soloski, PhD, professor (emeritus) of molecular microbiology and immunology at the Johns Hopkins School of Medicine in Baltimore, who has conducted research on Lyme disease. “The data from the phase 1 and 2 trials is promising,” he adds.

New Lyme Disease Vaccine 'A Long Time Coming'

If the Phase 3 trial is successful and the vaccine is approved, it will be the only Lyme disease vaccine available for humans in the United States. However, that process will take a few more years, according to the companies — there aren’t plans to seek authorization for the vaccine until 2025. 

A new vaccine for Lyme disease “has been a while coming,” says Dr. Soloski. “We did have a vaccine back in the 1990s that was taken off the market. That vaccine, called LYMERix, was withdrawn 20 years ago due to some adverse reactions that were reported, including arthritis, which some believed was caused by specific segments of the vaccine protein, according to the National Institute of Allergy and Infectious Diseases.

Although an analysis by the U.S. Food and Drug administration didn’t find evidence to support these reports, sales of the vaccine tumbled, and the manufacturer chose to stop making it.

New Vaccine Engineered to Reduce Potential Side Effects

This new vaccine has a similar mechanism of action to that discontinued vaccine; it also targets the OspA, the outer surface protein of the Borrelia bacteria that causes Lyme disease. This inhibits the bacterium’s ability to leave the tick and infect humans.

Other Potential Vaccines and Prevention Tools for Lyme Disease in the Pipeline

In addition to the Pfizer-Valneva vaccine, there are other potential therapies and vaccines in the pipeline designed to protect people against Lyme disease, says Soloski. “There’s a company, MassBiologics, which has developed a monoclonal antibody that can prevent a tick bite from transmitting the bacteria that causes Lyme disease,” he says. That shot may be available as early as 2024, according to a UMass Chan Medical School release.

Another vaccine that is still in the early experimental phase is working on a vaccine that would immunize people against any tick bite — not just the blacklegged ticks, says Soloski. “That’s important because that vaccine would not only protect against Lyme disease but many other tickborne diseases as well,” he says.

I'll believe it when I see it, I gave all my dogs the Lyme vaccine and all have it or some form of, the fact they are pushing it is good down to 5 years old is just showing money signs for someone

I'll keep up with my immune system and antibiotics when it gets too bad  lol 

Yes antibiotics will kill you and everything that helps and hurts you but I'll roll the dice over a jab lol

Not a complete a$$ hole just one of the dingle berries that hang off it.

It is always nice to see more public education about lyme disease.  

More needs to be done at Federal/CDC level. The testing criteria for lyme is way outdated. If you don't meet the CDC guidelines, most doctors will not properly treat you in fear of lawsuits and insurance denials.

When you talk about lyme disease, their is many other diseases that are transmitted by ticks along with lyme borreliosis called confections. 

As most things in our county, the government denies and money drives the outcome. I many be more biased on this issue than others, but that is my perspective.