IGNORED

Public land

Avla22

Just curious what other land public there is in south Jersey besides rancocas. Not lookin for ur specific spots! We’re all a team as hunters that have to come together to protect our sport . 
Just simply asking if there are any other areas to hunt publicly. I’m new to waterfowl and I don’t own any land. Thank you 

1 minute ago, Jcol6268 said:

Not for nothing, but guys in the waterfowl game want to protect their spots more than any other type of hunter. There’s not much public land that holds birds, and they don’t want their spot getting shot up. Finding your own spot takes boots on the ground. 

Trappers are much worse

There is nothing more intolerant than a liberal preaching tolerance 

God gives the toughest battles to his strongest soldiers

"Leadership is a potent combination of strategy and character. But if you must be without one, be without the strategy."

2 hours ago, Avla22 said:

Just curious what other land public there is in south Jersey besides rancocas. Not lookin for ur specific spots! We’re all a team as hunters that have to come together to protect our sport . 
Just simply asking if there are any other areas to hunt publicly. I’m new to waterfowl and I don’t own any land. Thank you 

What exactly are you doing to bring people together and protect the sport by asking them for their spots  

Explore the resource maps NJ fish and game provides. My first year waterfowling I didn’t know a single guy..the first time I ever hunted I showed up with 12 goose feeding decoys like an absolute moron and staked them out in a field assuming geese would fly in. Boy was I wrong!

It took me many, many hours of reviewing maps, putting boots on the ground, and, ultimately, many hunts where I didn’t see a single bird or missed every shot. at times, it was frustrating, but I learned something every single time I went out. I learned about the wind direction, how to hide a blind, feeding patterns, how to account for tide changes, so on and so forth. During those outings, I also met guys also out in the field or in parking lots afterwards and some of those same guys are now my very good hunting partners and friends. 

you have to enjoy the process of learning an entirely new skill/sport and your time in the wild or else you’re going to end up getting frustrated and quitting. Above all, it’s not about pulling the trigger.. you can go to any wma shotgun range and throw clays if you want that. Watefowling is one of the hardest but most rewarding forms of hunting for many reasons, and I guarantee you will be create a great a network and find great places to hunt if you stick with it

Edited by 9CAS1