IGNORED

Suggestions for a good freshwater striped bass rod

electricstart

I know you have to buy early so looking for advice on a good rod . I have two Shimano 4000 D  baitunner reels but need rods. I was looking at st crois mojo bass spinning . any other suggestions ? How about weight  medium heavy fast  . medium fast ? Length ? Probably spruce run or Lk Hopatcong off boat using herring  . Striper fishing is new to me as you can tell . I do Mostly flyfishing trout and Bass fishing . 

Edited by electricstart

8 minutes ago, Codaboy said:

Rodgeeks xcomp 731&732

Sent from my SM-T550 using Tapatalk

That’s extremely heavy for freshwater hybrid stripers .

a medium freshwater pole is even a little heavy  for them .

Captain Dan Bias

REELMUSIC SPORTFISHING

50# Striper live release club.

http://reelmusicsportfishing.blogspot.com/

39 minutes ago, electricstart said:

I know you have to buy early so looking for advice on a good rod . I have two Shimano 4000 D  baitunner reels but need rods. I was looking at st crois mojo bass spinning . any other suggestions ? How about weight  medium heavy fast  . medium fast ? Length ? Probably spruce run or Lk Hopatcong off boat using herring  . Striper fishing is new to me as you can tell . I do Mostly flyfishing trout and Bass fishing . 

It was obvious on The Striper Mention No problem there, What is wrong with that Baitrunner Reel on one of your Trout & Bass Rods to start unless you are one of those who can never have to many Rods, We have all seen Them :laughing: Even with the Tags still on them 

71393292_2481026298849468_4548965910924230656_n.jpg

Edited by 1957Buck

animated-American-flag-white-background-2018.gif

That’s extremely heavy for freshwater hybrid stripers .
a medium freshwater pole is even a little heavy  for them .

I was matching the rod to his reel size. Sounds like he should be using a 1000 sized reel. Then I would have referred a Phoenix feather 4-10#

Sent from my SM-T550 using Tapatalk

29 minutes ago, Bucksnbows said:

Ah, you mean for hybrids, not pure strain striped bass. Big difference in size for the most part. I’m too much a fly snob to help with modern spin or baitcasting tackle. But good luck in your new pursuit. Wipers are a great fighting fish! 

Talk  about Modern, Now no need to be a Snob when you can combine to  have the best of 2 worlds. 

Eagle-Claw-Premium-Inline-Reel.jpg

animated-American-flag-white-background-2018.gif

14 minutes ago, electricstart said:

Probably go with st crois . I use Mojo bass with my bait casters  and very happy with them . Now to find them in stock . Ramsey outdoors been out of Stock . Thanks 

Stay away from fast action. I fish hybreds all the time. You want a longer rod(7’6”) with moderate action. It absorbs the erratic fight they provide. You’ll catch a ton more on 6-8lb test also. Good luck

AWM