IGNORED

Groundhog Max ATV Disc Plow

Anyone have any experience with one or use one with a quad ? 

There is nothing more intolerant than a liberal preaching tolerance 

God gives the toughest battles to his strongest soldiers

"Leadership is a potent combination of strategy and character. But if you must be without one, be without the strategy."

2 hours ago, MountainmanDP said:

They say it doesn't beat up your ATV but it does beat it up.  It also beats you up because of the turns/figure 8's you have to do.  I used it for one year and now its just sitting around.....

How does it beat up the ATV ?

"Leadership is a potent combination of strategy and character. But if you must be without one, be without the strategy."

38 minutes ago, Bucndoe said:

How does it beat up the ATV ?

You need to have a certain type of hitch receiver that attaches to the rear of your ATV.  It bent a few hitches on friends ATV who used it.  Also saw on other forums where it damage the rear of their ATV's or even bent their frames.  It did a decent job for the plots that I made but you get tossed around..  If you are getting beat up so is your quad...

It uses the weight of your quad as downward pressure on the disc. Every rock and bump is transferred to the rear of your machine. It will bend and break things not if, but when. Any ground engaging equipment needs to be heavy to efficiently work. 

Maybe if you are doing a really small plot in some soft dirt it might work but if a quad is all you have then a back pack sprayer and a drag may be a better solution. Most deer food plot seed doesn't have to be very deep.  You would be able to plant most food plot seed with the exception of corn and soybeans which you would need a sizable plot of at least a few acres. 

Anything big, you will definitively benefit from a tractor and bigger heavier implements. 

www.liftxrentals.com

21 hours ago, mattg1500 said:

Plugged up super easy in wet or damp soil. Returned it

Even my 6 ft disc will clog in wet or damp soil. 

If you have those soil conditions it's better to wait for the right soil conditions. 

If you don't, the only thing you are doing is rutting the place up and compacting the soil. Roots can't penetrate  compacted soil especially clay. 

Timing is everything from the prep to the seed planting

Edited by tcook8296

www.liftxrentals.com

3 hours ago, tcook8296 said:

Even my 6 ft disc will clog in wet or damp soil. 

If you have those soil conditions it's better to wait for the right soil conditions. 

If you don't, the only thing you are doing is rutting the place up and compacting the soil. Roots can't Pentwater compacted soil especially clay. 

Timing is everything from the prep to the seed planting

To me the discs were just to close together. If it wasnt a month of no rain in the middle of August i had trouble. For not much more $ I got an atv disc and that was night and day and still easy to get to tough spots. But your 100% right timing is key

Thanks for the responses. Even though you're crushing my dream

10 hours ago, mattg1500 said:

To me the discs were just to close together. If it wasnt a month of no rain in the middle of August i had trouble. For not much more $ I got an atv disc and that was night and day and still easy to get to tough spots. But your 100% right timing is key

With the disc's being close together the soil will have to be on the drier side. 

www.liftxrentals.com

I do [emoji1787]
Did donuts with it on my truck lol.

The quad I had had a rear shock on a 45* angle so instead of down pressure it would push up and backwards instead every time the shocks absorbed the bounce.. not the best unless I guess you cut a 2x4 to stop the shocks from compressing. 66322bf1f65d8205be8665a312609f0f.jpg

Sent from my SM-G986U using Tapatalk