IGNORED

going out of Absecon tomorrow - location tips?

mazzgolf

Dad and I are going out on his new boat tomorrow for a late morning/afternoon fluke trip, launching out of Absecon. Only launched here one other time a month or so ago just to get a feel for the area - didn't catch anything.

I won't ask for specific spots but in what general area can we expect the best chance of landing some fish? Should we stay in Absecon Bay? Go north into Reeds Bay? Or go east into the channel towards AC?

I don't know those Waters I have fished North all my life. I can tell you this though wind and tide is everything. The afternoon is looking best for you tomorrow. Good luck have fun be safe 👍

https://www.usharbors.com/harbor/new-jersey/absecon-absecon-creek-nj/tides/

“In a civilized and cultivated country, wild animals only continue to exist at all when preserved by sportsmen.” -Theodore Roosevelt

6 hours ago, Swamprat said:

You have a depth finder/fish finder on the boat?  If so look for drop offs.  Fish/drift over them.   Also any feeder creeks that flow into the bay. Fish will stage there eating anything that flows out of the smaller feeder creeks.  

fish uphill slope of drop-off 

Was out from 11 am to 4pm. Caught 2 shorts. Dad caught a crab (on a bucktail!! what?? how??? :rofl:) That's it. We didn't see or hear anyone catch anything either. Talked to a guy who came back to the ramp when we did (who also launched when we did) and he didn't get anything. We got checked by a CO and he said he wasn't seeing much either (BTW: how embarrassing... "May I check your catch?.... Umm... we only caught 2 shorts.... Well, where WOULD you have put them if you caught any keepers?" lol... we had to show him an empty live well.:pout:

And let me just say - fishing on the weekends is for the birds - the amount of boat (and jet ski!!! :censored:) traffic is insane. Need to find better out-of-the-way places.

23 minutes ago, mazzgolf said:

Was out from 11 am to 4pm. Caught 2 shorts. Dad caught a crab (on a bucktail!! what?? how??? :rofl:) That's it. We didn't see or hear anyone catch anything either. Talked to a guy who came back to the ramp when we did (who also launched when we did) and he didn't get anything. We got checked by a CO and he said he wasn't seeing much either (BTW: how embarrassing... "May I check your catch?.... Umm... we only caught 2 shorts.... Well, where WOULD you have put them if you caught any keepers?" lol... we had to show him an empty live well.:pout:

And let me just say - fishing on the weekends is for the birds - the amount of boat (and jet ski!!! :censored:) traffic is insane. Need to find better out-of-the-way places.

Try earlier. Like 530am -830am.  It sucks waking up but usually is much quieter.  

26 minutes ago, mazzgolf said:

Atleast you got out and had time together. Yea weekends are insane. Weekdays are better but most people work Mon through Fri. Don't get me started on the jet skis...please just don't 😁😄😃