IGNORED

12/2 ML Check-in

BowhunterNJ

I'm in zone 50 with the bow. Thought for sure deer would be moving this morning but I only saw 1 doe so far. Good luck to anyone goin out in the afternoon.

"The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots and tyrants." Thomas Jefferson

gun-1_zpsa5b2d7e3.png

Toughed it out until 4PM, was pretty much soaked to the skin at that point. Saw 6 other does and 1 spike, it's a good morning and midday stand, I could have made it another hour but didn't want to get pinned and blow out the spot, so skipped out when things got quiet again. Deer were definitely super skittish with the rain and wind, every one of them was on pins and needles. Not sure if the woods got hammered yesterday or it was the weather, but they definitely we acting a little nutty.

Toughed it out until 4PM, was pretty much soaked to the skin at that point. Saw 6 other does and 1 spike, it's a good morning and midday stand, I could have made it another hour but didn't want to get pinned and blow out the spot, so skipped out when things got quiet again. Deer were definitely super skittish with the rain and wind, every one of them was on pins and needles. Not sure if the woods got hammered yesterday or it was the weather, but they definitely we acting a little nutty.

I noticed that yesterday. They were very spooky. I didn't even bother to go out today. I'll be at a different property on Monday and then, I'll go back to the other one later next week.

"The Nation Which Forgets Its Defenders, Will Itself Be Forgotten".

Man, the weather has been crazy!  Took off work yesterday and today to hunt muzzleloader.   Yesterday was so warm, and didn't see a whole lot of deer (couple of does), but saw a huge fat skunk.   Today, it was rough getting out of bed, being it was so cold and sleeting.  But you know, I took off of work to hunt, and that's what we did.  We saw a ton of does this morning at first light, and three or four spikes.  They hung out for a long time.  This guy walked out around 7:30am.  Hung up in the corn stalks a bit, but walked to the edge just long enough for me to get a shot.  I was scared that I maybe had missed him (I always get nervous with the muzzleloader - it's hard to see after the smoke clears).  He ran off behind the corn, so I couldn't tell if he fell.  Walked over and didn't see any blood, and I was starting to really question it.  My husband walked over to where we last saw the deer behind the corn and he starts waving at me frantically to come over... and there was my buck!  Perfect shot...fell about 50 yards away (if that).  Man... I freaked.  I was so stoked.  Good luck to everyone else the rest of this week and/or next week! :)

20141202_083028.jpg