IGNORED

Getting Ready to watch the Movie Gettysburg 3hours 14 minutes

bushden

16 minutes ago, Fred Flintstone said:

I loved that movie!!

It is a pretty good movie !

HONOR THE FALLEN
https://thefallen.militarytimes.com/
Over the years the US has sent many of its fine young men & women into great peril to fight for freedom beyond our borders. The only amount of land we have ever asked for in return, is enough to bury those that did not return. COLIN POWELL

That's a haunting battlefield for sure. I've taken my kids there many times and each time there is a different feel. The sheer volume of slaughter was just amazing. Marching side by side into what .54 cal ball fire and cannon fire. I would have turned and ran, hell I would have not shown up. 

The only thing harder to imagine is why they did the same thing all over again in WW1 only then there was barbed wire and machine guns. I visited some old European battlefields years ago, Somme, Verdun. There are still indentations from trench's and shell fire.   

15 hours ago, bushden said:

I never seen the movie so I am looking forward to it, have plenty of cold beer. Got to stay away from computer last week I spilled beer on it and had to replace keyboard, don,t want to do that again. Will report back on it in 3 hours.

xyza6.jpg

Milk duds,

banamo Turkish taffy, and a tub of popcorn!

“In a civilized and cultivated country, wild animals only continue to exist at all when preserved by sportsmen.” -Theodore Roosevelt

4 hours ago, OldMenRule said:

That's a haunting battlefield for sure. I've taken my kids there many times and each time there is a different feel. The sheer volume of slaughter was just amazing. Marching side by side into what .54 cal ball fire and cannon fire. I would have turned and ran, hell I would have not shown up. 

The only thing harder to imagine is why they did the same thing all over again in WW1 only then there was barbed wire and machine guns. I visited some old European battlefields years ago, Somme, Verdun. There are still indentations from trench's and shell fire.   

It is definitely a sobering experience

HONOR THE FALLEN
https://thefallen.militarytimes.com/
Over the years the US has sent many of its fine young men & women into great peril to fight for freedom beyond our borders. The only amount of land we have ever asked for in return, is enough to bury those that did not return. COLIN POWELL