IGNORED

Jet sled v hawk deer crawler cart

nmc02

2 minutes ago, Greybeard said:

I had bought and tried the deer sleighr 20-25 years ago.  It sat in the garage after that until this year when I took it way back in with me, just in case,  and ended up using it until my son met up with me with the cart.  It had a big hole in it that I don't remember being there.  I tried getting the front curled up over the head so it wouldn't snag, but it did, and the deer kept sliding more forward out of the front cone.  Thing was getting caught on every stick.  It's stored back in the garage.  It did slide pretty easily

Yep....with some front modifications n taking time to tie deer correctly n tight like Loony said....it cud be useful deep in the stix.

In WV ....it’s one way in....one way out....I’m not going back n forth hauling in carts n sleds n such

3 hours ago, Lunatic said:

make it easier for yourself. Turn your deer around and slide it down to the back tubing.

This was the 1st drag on the cart and we did try it the opposite way......My thoughts were to get the most weight over the wheels and seemed to take most of the weight off your forearms....looks like you are actually dragging the ass of the deer and getting all the weight on the wheels...I'll give it a try next time....

Update to the jet sled vs Hawk Crawler.....So this past week a friend and I dragged a 120lb buck out of the woods same path as the 120 lb doe....170lb buck (look to my earlier post)

This time it was over/thru the 3 inches of snow we had....Using a jet sled we were out in 35 mins...1.25 miles........So

I concluded with 3 drags down the same path The Hawk Crawler is best on dry land and the jet sled has the edge in the snow......