IGNORED

Jet sled v hawk deer crawler cart

nmc02

On snow Jet sled is much better. If you are going through an area with tons of bigger blow downs the jet sled is better. 
on relatively flat and clean area the crawler is the king. On a flat surface like a cultivated field the sled sucks. 
I have both.
To me the crawler is too big and too wide. Also with a big deer almost 1/2 of the deers weight is up front so you are not only pulling but carrying the weight. 

Edited by Lunatic

45 minutes ago, Lunatic said:

On snow Jet sled is much better. If you are going through an area with tons of bigger blow downs the jet sled is better. 
on relatively flat and clean area the crawler is the king. On a flat surface like a cultivated field the sled sucks. 
I have both.
To me the crawler is too big and too wide. Also with a big deer almost 1/2 of the deers weight is up front so you are not only pulling but carrying the weight. 

You can balance the deer further back keeping the weight on the wheels .

no comparison on dry ground the crawler  wins hands down , it’s crazy how well it goes over logs and debris

Captain Dan Bias

REELMUSIC SPORTFISHING

50# Striper live release club.

http://reelmusicsportfishing.blogspot.com/

Snow or thicker area with trees......= Jet Sled

Grass, fields, walking paths or open woods....= Hawk Crawler Cart

Big hills, Mountain area could go either way as gravity on down or up hill can cause problems with either. 

I have to admit with the crawler cart going over logs is pretty amazing as I have only used it a few times so far

I have both

Edited by Buck154

It depends on your terrain. Both are good given the circumstances. One year when I only had a cart, I struggled to get a deer across a muddy field. On solid flat ground with little obstacles, a cart is better. I have and use both. 

It's not a one size fits all. 

Edited by archer36

11 minutes ago, hammer4reel said:

You can balance the deer further back keeping the weight on the wheels .

no comparison on dry ground the crawler  wins hands down , it’s crazy how well it goes over logs and debris

I tried hammer but with a big deer the chest is over the top rail of the basket and the head on the handle. Anyway its not a BIG deal, on dry ground without major obstructions this thing is great. As I am thinking you could hang the ass end over the bottom rail and tie it down to shift more weight back? 

The jet sled is king in areas I hunt right now, given the problem with falling ash trees that have me going up and down continuously. As someone commented above, on a flat, grass surface the jet sled doesn't perform all that well. But with rocks and downed logs it just slides over beautifully. Punch some holes in top sides and put in strapping to really tie down a large deer over rough terrain

2 hours ago, dlist777 said:

I have them both.  I pretty much agree with Lunatic.  In certain circumstances the crawler is better, but its really bulky and mine pretty much never leaves my garage because of the better size and versatility of the jet sled.  

I use my in one spot and it stays therE.  Too bulky to truck this think around., especially in a SUV 

10 minutes ago, smittty said:

You guys know they do fold in half just about

D97684D8-0C86-428B-A6E0-730740922B58.jpeg

Put that inside of you SUV and you will realize how big it is. Jet sled goes in and it’s used to put stuff in so there is no loss of space

Edited by Lunatic

In a previous thread someone mentioned taking the wheels off will decrease the bulkiness in your truck. 

I used a Crawler for the first time this year and works great in the areas I hunt.  Took out a 170 and 140 pound deer out so far and we love it.  I strictly hunt mountain terrain and this thing goes over rocks and logs without too much difficulty.  I never used it in the snow so cannot comment on that.  I have used jet sleds and in my opinion the crawler is much better.  Waiting to see how it holds up in the snow.  The jet sled in the snow is very good  but in the mnts where I hunt I have cracked several sleds going over rocks while taking out bears and big deer.

Get the Crawler on a flat surface like a logging road and there is no comparison.    

Anything is better than the old school way of rope and harness.  Back in the day we would cut off the bottom of the deer leg to use as a handle with the drag rope....haha!