IGNORED

UPDATE-Lacrosse burlys leaking...any USA made rubber boots on the market

Bonefreak

I'm on about five years with my current Lacrosse Burlys. The pair I had before that became porous around the ankle flex point. The ones I have now are becoming porous as well, but not leaking yet.

The problem I have with these boots is they are very difficult to get off.  Two weeks ago I pulled a hamstring trying to remove these boots.

• 4 weeks later...

UPDATE 

So....Lacrosse asked me to send boots back as they fell within the 1 yr warranty .....if their inspection showed leakage as a result of normal wear n tear...they wud give me $90 credit....if their inspectors did not see anything significant that warranted a credit...they wud send my boots back

I paid $30 shipping to ship em

got an email that I wud get $90 credit 

Paid $37 to upgrade to 800 gram Camo burlys, plus my $90 credit....

so....$30 shipping plus $37 upgrade plus $90.....$157 

we will see how these play out

got em an extra size big for xtra layers of socks like I always do....the sole is pretty hard n they don’t feel all that comfortable....I will buy some Dr Scholls cushion inserts for comfort 

The Camo appears to have a shine to it....so I’m sure I can use that as an excuse if I a gobbler or buck busts me!

all in all....I’m glad lacrosse made good on warranty but after my last pair of burlys lasted 18 yrs ....then I recently find out in 2012 the company was sold n boots are now made in China, I’m not too confident bout these

5D806568-F126-4E82-BCB0-E6AA56D295D3.jpeg

• Bonefreak changed the title to UPDATE-Lacrosse burlys leaking...any USA made rubber boots on the market

I'm on my third pair of Burleys in the last 15 years or so. It seems after about five years they become pourous around the ankle flex point. I can see it on my current pair. Just the other night I was trying to shine a flashlight from the inside of the boot through the porous area. I didn't get any light through. I think I will try putting some FlexSeal on that area anyway.

The big problem I have with the Burleys is getting them off.  This year it's worse because I have an injured hamstring. I found that putting a supermarket plastic bag over my sock helps, but I still have to wear a thin wool sock. For that reason today I am wearing old school PAC boots.

Edited by 230jhp

3 hours ago, Bonefreak said:

UPDATE 

So....Lacrosse asked me to send boots back as they fell within the 1 yr warranty .....if their inspection showed leakage as a result of normal wear n tear...they wud give me $90 credit....if their inspectors did not see anything significant that warranted a credit...they wud send my boots back

I paid $30 shipping to ship em

got an email that I wud get $90 credit 

Paid $37 to upgrade to 800 gram Camo burlys, plus my $90 credit....

so....$30 shipping plus $37 upgrade plus $90.....$157 

we will see how these play out

got em an extra size big for xtra layers of socks like I always do....the sole is pretty hard n they don’t feel all that comfortable....I will buy some Dr Scholls cushion inserts for comfort 

The Camo appears to have a shine to it....so I’m sure I can use that as an excuse if I a gobbler or buck busts me!

all in all....I’m glad lacrosse made good on warranty but after my last pair of burlys lasted 18 yrs ....then I recently find out in 2012 the company was sold n boots are now made in China, I’m not too confident bout these

5D806568-F126-4E82-BCB0-E6AA56D295D3.jpeg

I have those (or very similar - I think I have 1200g ones) - I'll never buy them again once they wear out (and that will be very soon - the inside material is ripped bad and my patch job is starting to come undone).

They are overpriced for the quality that you get.

And, frankly, if boots wear out inside of 1 year, the warranty should replace them full-stop - no having to pay to ship them back to them, and no "credit to your next pair" - an in-kind 100% free replacement. Ridiculous you had to pay to ship it to them and then they only gave you $90 for it. Crappy warranty if you ask me.