UPDATE-Lacrosse burlys leaking...any USA made rubber boots on the market

Been a Lacrosse rubber boot guy since 2000

first 2 pairs lasted 19 yrs n are still in the rotation of boots to wear but inner sole wore out a bit

so last November I treated myself to a new pair of burlys for my annual WV trip...but leaked in less than a year

Lacrosse said mail em back as they are still under 1 yr warranty n they will inspect the issue n may give me a credit or not

semt em the pic of line of boots to show we have been a lacrosse family...didn’t seem to make a difference 

some research showed that the company was sold to a Japan based parent company in 2012 and inside boot tag says made in China  yuck!

so I’m on the hunt for quality made rubber boots

trird Mucks but tough to get off n burrs n seed pods stick to sides

anyone wear Irish Setter?  Thorogood?

E44A9AC9-9C8A-4B0D-A4A0-EB11E77E23A1.jpeg

1270AD9F-25B3-4912-AC94-9BD1AC407785.jpeg

FE15CDC5-AA97-4F0E-BA69-13A17CE2E5EB.jpeg

Edited by Bonefreak
2 hours ago, Bonefreak said:

Been a Lacrosse rubber boot guy since 2000

first 2 pairs lasted 19 yrs n are still in the rotation of boots to wear but inner sole wore out a bit

so last November I treated myself to a new pair of burlys for my annual WV trip...but leaked in less than a year

Lacrosse said mail em back as they are still under 1 yr warranty n they will inspect the issue n may give me a credit or not

semt em the pic of line of boots to show we have been a lacrosse family...didn’t seem to make a difference 

some research showed that the company was sold to a Japan based parent company in 2012 and inside boot tag says made in China  yuck!

so I’m on the hunt for quality made rubber boots

trird Mucks but tough to get off n burrs n seed pods stick to sides

anyone wear Irish Setter?  Thorogood?

E44A9AC9-9C8A-4B0D-A4A0-EB11E77E23A1.jpeg

1270AD9F-25B3-4912-AC94-9BD1AC407785.jpeg

FE15CDC5-AA97-4F0E-BA69-13A17CE2E5EB.jpeg

I had the same experience, my 20yr old pair was and is  the best pair. Everything recent is garbage.

3 hours ago, archer36 said:

I’ve used this stuff on my neoprene waders for years. Holds up well. 

Same experience here with my LaCrosse. Only mine cracked (both boots) after 13 months - 1 month out of warranty. I tried plugging the cracks with that Shoe Gloo - didn't help - after a while that pealed off. I then plugged the cracks with some marine epoxy I had (forget exactly what it was) and that seemed to have sealed it up. But that doesn't help the inside - the seam on the inside fabric tore up (again, on both boots). I had to use liquid-stitch glue and some small pieces of an old t-shirt to try to cover up the tears (the tears were exposing some of the inside plastic material by the heal and was starting to hurt my foot as I walked). I did that repair twice. It "kinda" helped - if I wear thick socks I don't feel it.

My last 3 rubber boots each barely lasted a year. I really don't think I beat them up THAT much. I'm not like a outfitter running around in my boots for 8 hours a day all week. And most times I'm sitting in a stand or a blind and not walking in them anyway. My next pair is going to be a cheap Tractor Supply pair - if they ALL are going to break down after 1 to 2 years, might as well buy a $70 pair rather than a $150 pair.

• Bonefreak changed the title to UPDATE-Lacrosse burlys leaking...any USA made rubber boots on the market