IGNORED

ShotKam vs Tactacam

BHC

Have to say, I am not a fan of any gun or barrel mounted camera Joe. I have not seen any quality footage from any such as a tactacam, because the recoil absolutely affects the camera. Does not matter how expensive it is. 

I have found that an HD mounted camera on a head mount, such as the head strap/mount for the ION HD camera that I use, is a more clear, stable video.  This is especially true when trying to get the money shot on film. It sees what you are seeing without the shock factor. 

• 3 months later...

Has anyone used the ShotKam? I'm just curious what people here think of it (if you have used it). I see plenty of folks on YouTube rave about it.

I had a early version of a Tactacam (it was a used 2.0 that I bought off a member here - I had it for a year, and just recently sold it - I wasn't a fan).

But now I'm looking into getting a ShotKam -- they are going to go on sale end of the week for their annual Black Friday sale where they lower the price to about $500 (at least that was the price in past years).

The big limitation of Tactacam is it’s lens and inability to zoom in. A deer from 40 yards looks to be the size of a squirrel. They also absolutely suck in low light. They are a toy that can be used to see where you hit the target but don’t look for quality video