IGNORED

boat registration

52 minutes ago, Bucndoe said:

The second you start a phrase with the word "but", everything that follows it is negated. Do as you wish. I answered the question based on the facts. If he didn't register the trailer, most likely the boat and trailer aren't properly titled to him either. If the person that he bought the boat from still had the plates and registration for both the trailer and boat, and they were still current, he could legally operate on the highways and waters. That is if he was loaning him the boat and trailer to use. Probably not going to happen with insurance liabilities though. With the current state of affairs it is what it is for now.

I at least have my boat insured and also added to my umbrella policy. I have the titles and bills of sales, notarized on me as well.   My old trailer was sold but until HE can switch over, I still have my valid registration and plate on my new trailer.   I could skate by on the trailer, but boat registration and title transfer - cannot do online has to be at DMV in person. 

Nothing spooks deer more than my stank… 

16 3/4” Live Fluke Release Club

I shot a big 10pt once….

I'm curious what the lines are going to look like at the DMVs next Tuesday. I don't know if I want to get there an hour early before they open or if I should just wait a week. But I'm not even sure waiting a week is going to help. There's at least 2 months of backlog with people just waiting to get in for new plates, or titles, or whatever. I might just go Tuesday before the word gets out that the DMVs are finally open.

2 hours ago, JHbowhunter said:

But he, like I - are legal owners and holders of all titles, by law.   The fact the DMV can't make us "street legal" is not our fault and not for lack of trying.  I would just keep fishing until DMV is available. 

A cop would have to be a real Dick, or you would have to be the same to him, to push the issue under current circumstances 

You trailer that boat now with no plates, no registration,no title in your name, would be complete suicide. The whole rig will be impounded... And you'll be liable for $$$$$$$$!

“In a civilized and cultivated country, wild animals only continue to exist at all when preserved by sportsmen.” -Theodore Roosevelt