IGNORED

This is the rug I want to get next season...

One of the things that I learned this year in Canada is how tremendous the ground shrinkage is on these guys when you shoot them. When you see them live, their lungs are expanded and they have at least 4 inches of thick, expanded and fluffy fur around their entire body, but then when you walk up upon your bear after the shot, it's like, "That's not the bear I shot, what happened???"  LOL

"Well Behaved Women Seldom Make History" - Laurel Thatcher Ulrich

NJ State Federation of Sportsmen's Clubs Member
NRA Life Member

NWTF Women In The Outdoors Member

UBNJ Member

One of the things that I learned this year in Canada is how tremendous the ground shrinkage is on these guys when you shoot them. When you see them live, their lungs are expanded and they have at least 4 inches of thick, expanded and fluffy fur around their entire body, but then when you walk up upon your bear after the shot, it's like, "That's not the bear I shot, what happened???"  LOL

All the bear outfitters say the same thing which is that bears are some of the hardest animals on the planet to judge properly.  I am fortunate to see and get pix of lots of them over the years, and you do develop a better sense of size when you see them often.  Most of my friends, hunters or not, rarely see them and when they do, they all think they're seeing a 500 - 700 pounder :)

All the bear outfitters say the same thing which is that bears are some of the hardest animals on the planet to judge properly.  I am fortunate to see and get pix of lots of them over the years, and you do develop a better sense of size when you see them often.  Most of my friends, hunters or not, rarely see them and when they do, they all think they're seeing a 500 - 700 pounder :)

Well, I do have to say that I wasn't too far off as I guessed my 115 bear to be a 130 before they put her on the scale and as they were hoisting her up I kept saying, "Please weigh more than me" lol

NRA Life Member

UBNJ Member

Well, I do have to say that I wasn't too far off as I guessed my 115 bear to be a 130 before they put her on the scale and as they were hoisting her up I kept saying, "Please weigh more than me" lol

:rofl:

I know i'm not supposed to ask, but did it?   :rofl:     

Edited by Rusty

:rofl:

I know i'm not supposed to ask, but did it?   :rofl:     

Not quite, but a few rocks in her belly would have helped . . . I weigh 118, or at least I did before they fed me so much at bear camp all week :shock:

NRA Life Member

UBNJ Member