IGNORED

Anyone have a dibbler??!!

No....not that kind of dibbler....

I'm talking bout a rolling dibbler for planting seeds!

I was guna make something like these to try and plant grass seed on my front yard because its kind of a hill.....and I need to open up some holes for the seeds to fall into. 

Ideally, would be great if the dibbler was enclosed on the inside and seed could be loaded in so it could be dispersed as you rolled it.....but I have not been able to find anything like that. 

Also could use a dibbler for rolling out some remote area food plots!

3f199ca39d07e630055590f8aa716339.jpg

9aacd7484d21798ba45e3f7519097aee.jpg

I bought one of these a few years ago at Tractor Supply and use it in the early Spring and Fall. Great for just loosening the soil and great when over seeding.  I have 15,000 sq ft so for me it works behind my riding mower.  You can also rent them at equipment rental places or Home Depot usually.

4429997_A1.jpeg

I thought, growing old would take longer ! 

I spent most of my money on shotguns and fly rods.  The rest I just wasted.

15 minutes ago, RPK0620 said:

I bought one of these a few years ago at Tractor Supply and use it in the early Spring and Fall. Great for just loosening the soil and great when over seeding.  I have 15,000 sq ft so for me it works behind my riding mower.  You can also rent them at equipment rental places or Home Depot usually.

4429997_A1.jpeg

Yup or an aerator

“In a civilized and cultivated country, wild animals only continue to exist at all when preserved by sportsmen.” -Theodore Roosevelt

18 minutes ago, RPK0620 said:

4429997_A1.jpeg

Nice!

What the name of it and brand....The Dirt Dibbler??!!

Does it require adding weight so those prongs probe into ground?

Do the seeds fall into prongs and get planted into soil?

Can it be pulled manually?

Weight is required depending on how deep you want to penetrate or how dry the soil is.  

No place for the seed, I run this over the lawn then over seed and seed will fall into the holes.

It is not designed to be pulled manually and would be tough.  If you have a riding mower then its not a bad investment. If not check out renting one at a lawn or Home Depot place.

In the picture it is shown attached to the hitch on the riding mower. What appears to be a handle to push it with raises and lowers the prongs.

Edited by RPK0620

I thought, growing old would take longer ! 

I spent most of my money on shotguns and fly rods.  The rest I just wasted.

This been laying out in an old onion field.  Think it was used to break the tops of the onions so the sweetness would go back into the onion as the tops wilted.  Would just have to clamp something to the angle irons to make divots .   There is one problem, getting it off what is now federal land.  PM me if you want the number for the office.  Maybe they would let you take it.  Actually it's just across the border into NY in the NW corner of NJ.

IMG_4446ca.thumb.jpg.5476ed5c796bd440abdc4e002a0d8f02.jpg

20 minutes ago, RPK0620 said:

Weight is required depending on how deep you want to penetrate or how dry the soil is.  

No place for the seed, I run this over the lawn then over seed and seed will fall into the holes.

It is not designed to be pulled manually and would be tough.  If you have a riding mower then its not a bad investment. If not check out renting one at a lawn or Home Depot place.

In the picture it is shown attached to the hitch on the riding mower. What appears to be a handle to push it with raises and lowers the prongs.

Gotchya!

Thanks!

I have rented the overseeder from Home Depot a few times.....its crappy unless u get a brand new one that will slice into ground at its lowest setting....most of their gear is used to the point that the slicers are ground down and don't penetrate too deep.....its a real bear using it on a hill too!

2 hours ago, Bonefreak said:

No....not that kind of dibbler....

I'm talking bout a rolling dibbler for planting seeds!

I was guna make something like these to try and plant grass seed on my front yard because its kind of a hill.....and I need to open up some holes for the seeds to fall into. 

Ideally, would be great if the dibbler was enclosed on the inside and seed could be loaded in so it could be dispersed as you rolled it.....but I have not been able to find anything like that. 

Also could use a dibbler for rolling out some remote area food plots!

3f199ca39d07e630055590f8aa716339.jpg

9aacd7484d21798ba45e3f7519097aee.jpg

What you would want is a slit / seeder.......but that is used for grass seed and cost a few thousnad dollars.....but it does open the earth and place the seeds, then rolls over them to cover the seed........

ESTATESALESBYOLGA.COM    ALWAYS BUYING ANTIQUE AND VINTAGE ITEMS  CALL 908 868 8236 MIKE

1 hour ago, Greybeard said:

This been laying out in an old onion field.  Think it was used to break the tops of the onions so the sweetness would go back into the onion as the tops wilted.  Would just have to clamp something to the angle irons to make divots .   There is one problem, getting it off what is now federal land.  PM me if you want the number for the office.  Maybe they would let you take it.  Actually it's just across the border into NY in the NW corner of NJ.

IMG_4446ca.thumb.jpg.5476ed5c796bd440abdc4e002a0d8f02.jpg

Interesting implement Grey!!

My wife wud chop off my dibbler if I brought that thang home!!

Thanks anyway tho!!

7 hours ago, Booner said:

Adam,, go to the junk yard and grab a 12" piece of pipe. 18"-24" long. I'll weld you up that in 10 minutes. Make it so you could add water to add weight. I'm sure your brother has seen some in the woods as much scouting he does

Haha!!  

Outstanding pal!!

Thanks!!

Yep....ol Red is out scoutin as we speak!!!  Lol