IGNORED

Dicks

ithaca10

45 minutes ago, Lunatic said:

This is a free country and for sure you should have the right to do as you please.
It is also my right to be true to my convictions, as a gun owner, hunter and 2nd amendment advocate, by not giving a penny to a company who uses the money to go after my constitutional right to own a gun. There are other choices, no need to sell what you believe in for a couple of dollars.

I know there are other companies like dicks but Dicks is important to our fight because it is symbolic. Its a company that made money from us hunters and then used our money to turned on us.

You should Google the amount of companies that are anti gun and anti NRA it's probably well over 150 or more. I would post the link but being an old man some say don't

32 minutes ago, ithaca10 said:

You should google companies that are anti gun and anti hunting. Believe me Dicks is not the only one. From air lines to insurance companies and probably some on here do business with these firms. So don't break my balls because i bring up some great prices and sales they have. Like i said it's my choice to shop there if you chose not to than so be it. Two years ago i purchased a Carhartt jacket for five bucks which normally goes for $90-$100. Would you pay $5 or the $100.

I stated, it is your right but I don't have to agree. To me why even vote against liberals when contributing  to organizations that support them?

As to your question I would pay $100 because I would never even know, or care to know, they had one for $5 My convictions are not for sale.

Edited by Lunatic

Show me a large company's own CEO who personally crusades for restricting our 2A rights and for gun control, changes his company's corporate strategy solely to align with that agenda, and who goes so far as to hire an anti-gun lobbying firm and makes the rounds on TV news shows to push his anti-2A agenda. 

Talk about "choice"? This CEO wants to REMOVE our ability to choose (all of us, law-abiding citizens) - he is AGAINST choice of purchasing what are otherwise legal firearms today. He wants to ban AR-15s and similar semi-autos (and has, in his stores), he wants to (and has, in his stores) refuse anyone under 21 from buying a gun.

And he wants America to follow suit and is putting his money behind it (the money you pay him when you buy anything in his stores).

"Stack also said the company destroyed $5 million worth of rifle inventory because Stack believed no one should be allowed to own them. 'I said, You know what? If we really think these things should be off the street, we need to destroy them'"

"... asked Dick's CEO Ed Stack how much his company lost after the retailer decided to stop selling firearms to anyone under the age of 21. ...."

To me, Dick's is in a whole other category. All of the above, to me, is the difference, and why I refuse to shop there.

2 hours ago, Lunatic said:

I stated, it is your right but I don't have to agree. To me why even vote against liberals when contributing  to organizations that support them?

As to your question I would pay $100 because I would never even know, or care to know, they had one for $5 My convictions are not for sale.

We have to keep this up maybe i can catch up to your 10K posts.

5 minutes ago, mazzgolf said:

Show me a large company's own CEO who personally crusades for restricting our 2A rights and for gun control, changes his company's corporate strategy solely to align with that agenda, and who goes so far as to hire an anti-gun lobbying firm and makes the rounds on TV news shows to push his anti-2A agenda. 

Talk about "choice"? This CEO wants to REMOVE our ability to choose (all of us, law-abiding citizens) - he is AGAINST choice of purchasing what are otherwise legal firearms today. He wants to ban AR-15s and similar semi-autos (and has, in his stores), he wants to (and has, in his stores) refuse anyone under 21 from buying a gun.

And he wants America to follow suit and is putting his money behind it (the money you pay him when you buy anything in his stores).

To me, Dick's is in a whole other category. All of the above, to me, is the difference, and why I refuse to shop there.

Is he still the CEO?

13 minutes ago, ithaca10 said:

Is he still the CEO?

He owned the company before it went public (his father started it). Yes, he is still the chairman of the board and CEO and owns about a quarter of the common stock, and as of 2010 (I doubt this changed today) he has control of 2/3rds of the voting shares, which is why he can do what he wants.

1 hour ago, mazzgolf said:

He owned the company before it went public (his father started it). Yes, he is still the chairman of the board and CEO and owns about a quarter of the common stock, and as of 2010 (I doubt this changed today) he has control of 2/3rds of the voting shares, which is why he can do what he wants.

If he is the majority than he can do with. Just like you. You would be able to do what you want to do. If his decision drives the company into the ground so be it.

10 minutes ago, ithaca10 said:

If he is the majority than he can do with. Just like you. You would be able to do what you want to do. If his decision drives the company into the ground so be it.

Oh it's gonna happen!

“In a civilized and cultivated country, wild animals only continue to exist at all when preserved by sportsmen.” -Theodore Roosevelt

12 minutes ago, ithaca10 said:

But that doesn't really address the question of "should I shop at Dick's or not" - which is what is being discussed here. Yes, of course he has the choice to run an anti-2A campaign using his company to do so if he wants - no one is arguing otherwise. But it's that very choice of his that causes me (and many people) to make my own choice to never spend another penny in his store. 

When I found out that Dick's actually hired anti-gun lobbyists - that was the straw that broke the camels back to me. A company with hunting/guns/ammo that wants to ask for my business is hiring an anti-gun lobbyist in order to restrict my constitutional rights???? No thanks. I won't be contributing. I won't even buy a piece of gum from him, even if it's on sale at 99% off.

34 minutes ago, mazzgolf said:

But that doesn't really address the question of "should I shop at Dick's or not" - which is what is being discussed here. Yes, of course he has the choice to run an anti-2A campaign using his company to do so if he wants - no one is arguing otherwise. But it's that very choice of his that causes me (and many people) to make my own choice to never spend another penny in his store. 

When I found out that Dick's actually hired anti-gun lobbyists - that was the straw that broke the camels back to me. A company with hunting/guns/ammo that wants to ask for my business is hiring an anti-gun lobbyist in order to restrict my constitutional rights???? No thanks. I won't be contributing. I won't even buy a piece of gum from him, even if it's on sale at 99% off.

I wonder why he asked you "is he still ion charge? :happywave:

Edited by Lunatic

1 hour ago, mazzgolf said:

Apparently you didn't read my initial post of the bargains going on now at Dicks in the Union store. And how much cheaper it is for me to buy ammo from them.  Like i said i will continue to shop there until they no longer sell hunting or fishing stuff or until they lock the doors.

You guys were the ones that jumped on that 2A campaign band wagon.  That's what makes America great choice. If you don't want to shop there than so be it. Gentleman you won't read anything about Dicks again from me.     UNLESS THEY HAVE ANOTHER BIG SALE!