IGNORED

Dirt Bikers Busted at Blue Hole

Batsto

2 hours ago, mazzgolf said:

Hallelujah! But if it takes a party of 100 illegal dirt bike/ATV riders to get the cops to come out and do something, we're screwed. That's a place I like to hunt too - they probably ripped that place apart.

They like to run that back road into the old graval pit.

2 hours ago, Farmshine said:

It would be nice if you were allowed to ride on designated trails like other states. Especially since our tax dollars buy federal state and county properties.

I agree with you in principle, but it would be unworkable in practice.  I mean don't get me wrong-it would be a blast to ride the 100,000 acres that make up Stokes, the Water Gap and High Point, but the reality is we just have too many people.  Maine for example, where you can literally ride thousands of miles of ATV and snowmobile trails, only has about 1.3 million people in a state so large that all of the other New England states (Massachusetts, Rhode Island, Vermont, New Hampshire and Connecticut) can fit inside of it.  Compare that to just Essex and Hudson Counties in New Jersey which have just shy of 1.5 million people.  Add in  Bergen ,Union, Passaic and Morris and you're at over 3.5 million people.  If Stokes, the Water Gap and High Point were open to all registered and insured ATVs you'd have those folks and more descending upon the trails any given weekend.  The same could be said for Wharton State Forest, Greenwood Forest, etc...and the South Jersey suburbs of Philadelphia.  If you look at the areas where public land ATV trails are located (North Central PA, West Virginia, Upstate New York, Maine, New Hampshire, etc...) they all have one thing in common-low population and population density and a fair distance to major metro areas.  

I live back in the woods you see

My woman and the kids and the dogs and me

I got a shotgun a rifle and a four wheel drive and a country boy can survive

a piece of state land i use to hunt had many dirt bike riders. one spring a warden was checking my fishing license and i told him about it and where it was happening. he then said i cant do anything about it. call the state police?? i looked at him weird and we went our seperate ways. they still ride there up until last fall when i was there, all the trails are destroyed, berms made, and some even made make shift markers as to where to turn. bridges built over creek beds too. its a real mess. glad i dont hunt there anymore. 

1 hour ago, Kype said:

a piece of state land i use to hunt had many dirt bike riders. one spring a warden was checking my fishing license and i told him about it and where it was happening. he then said i cant do anything about it. call the state police?? i looked at him weird and we went our seperate ways. they still ride there up until last fall when i was there, all the trails are destroyed, berms made, and some even made make shift markers as to where to turn. bridges built over creek beds too. its a real mess. glad i dont hunt there anymore. 

It’s such a joke, “I can’t do anything about it”! Yes you can you just don’t want to bother. I bet if they caught a guy that drove his truck onto a field to load up a deer they would do something about it but that same field can be a ATV track free for all.