IGNORED

Recommendations for gun stock repairer

madeinuk

Looking to get a gun stock repaired.

I could try it myself but would probably balls it up.

It has a hairline split in the stock which I could probably go old school on with some rawhide but ultimately given that this gun is a classic I feel that I should do it right.

Any recommendations.

2 minutes ago, madeinuk said:

Looking to get a gun stock repaired.

I could try it myself but would probably balls it up.

It has a hairline split in the stock which I could probably go old school on with some rawhide but ultimately given that this gun is a classic I feel that I should do it right.

Any recommendations.

What type of finish on the stock? Oil? Poly type? Hairline cracks can easily be repaired with Acraglas, standard not the gel. Post a pic of the crack.

AWM

I'd also be interested in what the gun is, because if it is a classic as you mentioned then you'd want it done right & not on the cheap.

And it is Griffin & Howe so check this link for some prices: http://griffinhowe.com/gunsmith-nj/

I thought, growing old would take longer ! 

I spent most of my money on shotguns and fly rods.  The rest I just wasted.

what model? replacing the stock with a plastic one is a good option. then you could play around with the cracked one. with YOUTUBE today its much quicker to just jump on there. youll find a million versions for wood repairs but in think its as easy as opening the crack and getting the right glue in there and clamping it. the repair will be stronger than the stock.if you repair it and not buy the plastic stock you could hit it with some truck bed liner- stone or marble effect spray can finish and make it look like a custom $300 stock. plenty of those how to videos too. its not all that hard. good luck!