IGNORED

Wicked evil jellyfish of Abaco

JHbowhunter

17 minutes ago, JHbowhunter said:

link doesn't work  that pic sort of looks like it...

Sorry about that this is the Printout and the link is at the bottom of the page.  Hope this helps 

Where is HASKEL WHEN I NEED HIM TO POST THE LINK? 

Jelly Fish.jpg

Edited by 1957Buck

animated-American-flag-white-background-2018.gif

19 minutes ago, gregtpal said:

Im certainly no expert (yeah, I did stay at a Holiday inn Express last night)  but what u described sounds like a box jellyfish.  Stings can be super painful & even fatal.

:up: Most Likely.  From what I found with 100s of variations of the box Jellies they can be something to be avoided at all costs but even the unattached tentacles can from Sickning to Deadly.  One put my Son in a Miami Emergency Room on Spring Break some years ago and he has some scars to show for it. Read the Page where proper Healing and NO SUN Exposure is Important  With the Warm currants New jersey is not excluded from them. we have had Jellyfish invasions, Sea Nettles Suck

2013-07-04-boxangel1.jpg

box-jellyfish.jpg

th.jpg

th (1).jpg

Edited by 1957Buck

19 minutes ago, gregtpal said:

Im certainly no expert (yeah, I did stay at a Holiday inn Express last night)  but what u described sounds like a box jellyfish.  Stings can be super painful & even fatal.

I think the lethal versions are more an Australia event.     This was not blue/purple on top like man-o-war unless there are clear round headed varieties.   top was clear and size of a half-dollar, tentacles maybe  10" long, light brownish red...   Could have been a Caribbean version of the box jellyfish or sea wasp 

looked like this:

https://www.google.com/search?hl=en&tbm=isch&source=hp&biw=1366&bih=651&ei=Llc2W9fdK8O45gLx7onoCQ&q=sea+wasp&oq=sea+wasp&gs_l=img.3..0l10.5430.6763.0.7019.8.8.0.0.0.0.113.531.6j1.7.0....0...1ac.1.64.img..1.7.531...0i10k1.0.LuGk8dtHfpI#imgrc=7zicRnRpFjgQLM:

Nothing spooks deer more than my stank… 

16 3/4” Live Fluke Release Club

I shot a big 10pt once….

On 6/28/2018 at 3:53 PM, JHbowhunter said:

As we were enjoying our last full day on Treasure Cay beach (pictured) in clear blue water a small clear jellyfish with long brown-red tentacles got Holly on arm as we were leaving. She said it felt like being electrocuted. Peeing on it is fake news farce. Vinegar right away but we didn’t have any  . Trying hydrocortisone cream today but rash getting worse. Anyone have experience here? 

4BF44525-8380-4C80-8664-43059B3498D5.jpeg

EA5D2934-1BAB-422B-99E9-9F084C1F2A6D.jpeg

3F19DF7B-EEAC-4332-97D3-9E2F7785BFBE.jpeg

AB801CC6-7977-4DDD-A8A8-A76CB36A32C1.jpeg

Just wondering.....did u try the golden shower approach?

On 6/29/2018 at 1:51 PM, gregtpal said:

Didn't NJ biologists announce last yr that they found a really nasty small jellyfish in our Bay waters for the first time?  Blamed on global warming.  I forget what it's called.

Take your pick The Clinging one is what shut down The Beaches last year and as the waters warm expect it again THe bays become clogged with the Sea Nettle ones and they sting Last year my crab nets were covered  

ap_florida_daily_life.jpg

clinging-jellyfish-in-a-bottle-crop-depjpg-bd5fab446026d199.jpg

• 2 weeks later...