IGNORED

Murphy Signs The New Gun Laws Today

Tarhunt

STATEMENT

This bill bans firearm magazines that hold more than 10 rounds of ammunition. Magazines capable of holding up to 15 rounds of ammunition currently are legal in New Jersey.
Specifically, the bill revises the definition of a “large capacity ammunition magazine” to reduce the allowable rounds of ammunition from 15 to 10. The bill also designates a semi-automatic rifle with a fixed magazine capacity exceeding 10 rounds as a prohibited assault firearm.
The bill exempts law enforcement officers from the bill’s 10 round limit on ammunition magazines by authorizing them to possess and carry while on duty a large capacity ammunition magazine and possess and carry while off duty a large capacity ammunition magazine which is capable of holding up to 15 rounds of ammunition. The bill also permits retired police officers authorized to possess and carry a handgun in this State to continue to possess and carry a magazine capable of holding up to 15 rounds.
In addition, the bill exempts from the 10 round limitation those semi-automatic rifles which have an attached tubular magazine and which is capable of operating only with .22 caliber rimfire ammunition. This exemption would permit the sale and possession of a popular beginner gun, the Marlin Model 60, often referred to as the “Boy Scout gun.” These firearms are low caliber and the tubular magazine cannot be quickly reloaded. The bill limited the exception for the Boy Scout gun to magazines that hold up to 15 rounds. These Boy Scout guns are manufactured with magazines holding more than 15 rounds. Therefore, the bill removes from the definition a limit on number of rounds.
The bill makes its provisions effective immediately, but allows for a 180-day grace period to transfer, render inoperable, or voluntarily surrender a semi-automatic rifle or magazine that will be unlawful under the bill.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1 minute ago, vdep217 said:

So i can still take to range I will make blocks to insert under the spring and put a dab of plastic to make it so it's pennant like

Look on Youtube some good fixes to Modify without Damage and reversible when needed.  

animated-American-flag-white-background-2018.gif

Will this work For Sale Rem 12ga 1100 sold in Pieces Only. Or The parts a Month Club. 

This guy already Knows what he will do with his Guns The Fishing Line is hard to see at the Muzzel.

th.jpg

Edited by 1957Buck

Look on Youtube some good fixes to Modify without Damage and reversible when needed.  

Not sure if “render inoperable” is permanently (cant be used at all) or partially (pinned) or temporarily (reversible). Chances are you’ll have to err on the side of caution.

3 minutes ago, 1957Buck said:

Just gonna take a block of bossilwood cut and shape to slide in mag behind spring pot cap back in and fill the button to remove bottom with a dab of plastic..  will be able to remove with knife

2 minutes ago, BowhunterNJ said:

Not sure if “render inoperable” is permanently (cant be used at all) or partially (pinned) or temporarily (reversible). Chances are you’ll have to err on the side of caution.

They ate talking make fire arms with fixed mags more than 15 inoperable you can modify gun or mag to build 10 but must veiwd as a permanent modification

14 minutes ago, BowhunterNJ said:

Was thinking along the lines of Shotgun Plug to limit 3 rounds.   Not Planning on another Roundy round but the definition has to be somewhere Posted Factual of course  

14 minutes ago, vdep217 said:

They ate talking make fire arms with fixed mags more than 15 inoperable you can modify gun or mag to build 10 but must veiwd as a permanent modification

Got the actual Document, not hearsay.  Not putting U down but saves a lot of BS.

My strong bet is that this is not the last of the anti-gun bills lunatic Murphy will sign or try to sign.   He will keep going. Next will be mandatory registration of all guns, .50 caliber bans etc..   Still happy that Christie is not around???

Do you feel safer now?  I didn't think so. 

&#&# this Communist wannabe state.

Born and raised, and as I've said before, this is the final nail in the "New Jersey coffin" for me.  Within 3 years (possibly more like 2 depending) I'm gone.

"I wish we could sell them another hill at the same price." - Brigadier General Nathanael Greene, June 28, 1775

2 minutes ago, 1563621 said:

They will go for the dastardly assault ban

Mark my word, the ONLY reason they didn't go for a ban of semiautomatic rifles is because 2018 is an election year. 

The politically cowardly Democrats will wait for an odd-numbered year (2019) before cramming that through.

"I wish we could sell them another hill at the same price." - Brigadier General Nathanael Greene, June 28, 1775