IGNORED

Where are the bear hunters?

Palawman30

I like hunting the Brown bears of Alaska. I took this one on my 2nd trip to Admiralty Island just outside of Juneau AK. Slept in a tent for a total of 20 days on 2 hunts. Cruised the coastline of the inside passage in 14' zodiac boats. Spent many hours perched up high on the rocks glassing beaches. Saw lots of Bears. I was able to stalk within 96 yards of this one and the .338 with 250gr swift Aframe rolled him. He never got back on his feet with 2 quick follow ups.

28_20A-1.jpg

27_16A-1.jpg

14_15.jpg

03_18.jpg

www.liftxrentals.com

if anyone hasn't done a bear hunt with the bow, or even a firearm your missing out. Even a guided black bear hunt in Maine isn't all that expensive, and well within driving distance. Been wanting to go on another bear hunt.

My dream hunt is a Kodak Island bear hunt with the bow, with lots of toilet paper !!!

Tcook, great bear...congrats !!!!

I like hunting the Brown bears of Alaska. I took this one on my 2nd trip to Admiralty Island just outside of Juneau AK. Slept in a tent for a total of 20 days on 2 hunts. Cruised the coastline of the inside passage in 14' zodiac boats. Spent many hours perched up high on the rocks glassing beaches. Saw lots of Bears. I was able to stalk within 96 yards of this one and the .338 with 250gr swift Aframe rolled him. He never got back on his feet with 2 quick follow ups.

Awesome bear and great pictures. I love to see posts like these, congrats. :cool:

I've hunted for bear the past three seasons in NJ but only had one opportunity. In 2011 I shot at a 250-300lb. and lost it probably because of a high shot to the shoulder or too high of a shot altogether. Most of the bear I have seen while hunting have been during the Fall and Permit Bow Seasons. Hopefully NJ will adopt a bear bow season in 2-3 years.

"Nothin makes a dad happier than seeing his daughter with a smile on her face and her boyfriend with fear in his eyes" - Willie Robertson