IGNORED

Guess this location?

I think that is  part of the origin of the double kill. From there it flows out down through along iron mountain road and into waywayanda creek in NY state just  above the NJ border.

Nope.  Much farther south.  Gave another clue already, and it's close to two other lakes already mentioned.

West Milford?  

You got the town.

That was my favorite trail to hike until they closed it down.  I was jumping off the cliff there over 40 years ago.  People skinny dipped there until somebody listed it in a nudest magazine.  It was still a good place to go until somebody put it on the net as a place to cliff jump. That drew kids from the city that didn't give a hoot about the beauty there.  The graffiti and trash that the kids left behind killed it.  There is another parking lot nearby, but you'll need a pass from the watershed to park there.

On the way home driving out of the Gap, we stopped on the way out and found this place. You north Jersey folks might be able to figure it out. I dunno.

attachicon.gifpbl.jpg

If you were on 206, my guess would be Kittatinny lake.  My other guess is you were on 80 instead, and I then have no clue.

I think that is  part of the origin of the double kill. From there it flows out down through along iron mountain road and into waywayanda creek in NY state just  above the NJ border.

It's by hemlock, long pine, crater.  Thought google map had it as surprise lake a couple years ago, but I must have been mistaken.

#5,  Another long boarwalk..

Since I just walked that one not too long ago I won't give it away.   But it's a real nice hike.   

Fun fact of the day.  Why is that swamp so unique?   

Edited by Rusty

Since I just walked that one not too long ago I won't give it away.   But it's a real nice hike.   

Fun fact of the day.  Why is that swamp so unique?   

Highest elevation of a white cedar swamp.  They used the excuse that the deer were eating all the new cedar shoots to open the park to deer hunting, then decimated the deer population as they are doing on the State level.

They used the excuse that the deer were eating all the new cedar shoots to open the park to deer hunting.  

Back when I was with F&W, before High Point was open to hunting, I worked on the deer project.  One of the things that we did each year was to conduct dead deer searches at the end of the winter.  High Point was horrific.  The number of dead deer throughout the park was like nothing I have ever seen before.  

Having the park open to hunting is much better than the park being closed to hunting.  

Edited by Rusty

Back when I was with F&W, before High Point was open to hunting, I worked on the deer project.  One of the things that we did each year was to conduct dead deer searches at the end of the winter.  High Point was horrific.  The number of dead deer throughout the park was like nothing I have ever seen before.  

Having the park open to hunting is much better than the park being closed to hunting.  

I agree, but they need to cut back on the tags now that the population is at a sustainable level.