IGNORED

Banger's Sport Shop AUCTION SALE

comlyauction

21%, even worse.

18% if you pay cash or wire transfer.

I'm in the wrong business...once again...

Wait... so if you buy something from the auction (say you win an item for $100) - you have to pay them $121 (or $118 if by cash) ????

I thought the sellers paid the auction fees, not the buyers.

When I first started hunting, I bought my bow from them, and my first long gun (my Rem 870) from them. The people there were always nice. Checked in my turkeys there, too. Yeah, prices weren't great, but it was a local store - what mom-n-pop store is gonna beat big-box store prices?

For members of the shooting club (which I am one, but perhaps not for much longer) the nice thing is you can (er.. or you USED to be able to) walk in and buy your ammo and targets right there. Not anymore. Not sure if that place is worth the $250 anymore - no gun store now. Add to that no trap/skeet, the recent restriction of early morning hours, can't move up in front of the line to pattern shotguns anymore (how can you pattern a shotgun when you only have 25 and 50 yard lines and you can't move up?), they don't even put the archery targets out most of the week so the 3D archery course is useless.

At one time I had thought about joining, so glad I didn't waste my time.

Wait... so if you buy something from the auction (say you win an item for $100) - you have to pay them $121 (or $118 if by cash) ????

I thought the sellers paid the auction fees, not the buyers.

Screen shot from their FAQ section:  http://www.comly.com/faq/buyers-faq/

Screen Shot 2017-02-22 at 3.07.57 PM.png

This is a bankruptcy auction, so the seller wouldn't pay much of anything I think.  That's on the buyer.

From the bidding website:  https://www.proxibid.com/asp/Catalog.asp?aid=123303

Screen Shot 2017-02-22 at 3.11.52 PM.png

Screen Shot 2017-02-22 at 3.12.54 PM.png

Screen Shot 2017-02-22 at 3.13.17 PM.png

Sapere aude.

Audeamus.

When you cannot measure, your knowledge is meager and unsatisfactory.

I agree their prices were high. I use to buy a lot of guns from a smaller shop about 5 miles from there who would post his whole inventory online. When bangers first opened I looked at a handgun which was identical to what the other shop had on their site and bangers was about $150 more. I told him there's no way I'm paying that when I can drive 5 miles and pay $150 less. They got all bent out of shape saying there's no way they could go that low. Oh well, from everything I've heard on other forums and at sjsc they weren't the ones getting screwed. The only thing unfortunate is what happened to the brother.

Edited by Jerseygti337

Correct; and that's normally the way auctions are done, I've bid in firearms auctions before so I knew to look for that.   Athough it's usually a 10% or 15% hit so IMO 20% is pretty high.  

So net/net, if you want an item and you think you'd like to win it for $800, that means you better not bid more than $667 for it, and that assumes you're picking it up rather than shipping, if not you'll want to know what the shipping/handling fees are before bidding.

"I wish we could sell them another hill at the same price." - Brigadier General Nathanael Greene, June 28, 1775

If someone remembers - when the auction finally publishes the items for sale (and I assume they will publish the starting bids?) post a link here. I'm curious to know what they are going to try to sell some of these things for. I might be interested in some of the long guns, but damn, 20% markup? I assume these are new guns, so they have to be selling these for way under market value for people to even bid on them.

Thank you Haskel!!!

Batso - watch that link - he posted a followup with the real link. That first link is, believe it or not, ANOTHER Bangers in PA that is auctioning off their stuff.

You want this one: http://www.comly.com/auction/308473/bangers-sport-shop-inventory-2-online-auction-sales/

UPDATE: ehhhh... maybe it IS the same thing. Its the same court case listed on both: "By Order of U.S. Bankruptcy Court Case #17-10097/ABA"

Maybe they moved some of the inventory out of NJ and into PA?? 

I don't get it - that auction is a week earlier... I wonder if all the good stuff is getting auctioned off then?

UPDATE 2: OOOOhhh... look at that... the guns auctioned off in PA. Ha... NJ gun laws probably scare off the auctioneer from selling the guns in NJ so they moved the inventory over to PA. Geezz...

Edited by mazzgolf

Batso - watch that link - he posted a followup with the real link. That first link is, believe it or not, ANOTHER Bangers in PA that is auctioning off their stuff.

You want this one: http://www.comly.com/auction/308473/bangers-sport-shop-inventory-2-online-auction-sales/

UPDATE: ehhhh... maybe it IS the same thing. Its the same court case listed on both: "By Order of U.S. Bankruptcy Court Case #17-10097/ABA"

Maybe they moved some of the inventory out of NJ and into PA?? 

I don't get it - that auction is a week earlier... I wonder if all the good stuff is getting auctioned off then?

UPDATE 2: OOOOhhh... look at that... the guns auctioned off in PA. Ha... NJ gun laws probably scare off the auctioneer from selling the guns in NJ so they moved the inventory over to PA. Geezz...

Yeah, we're kind of screwed now that the guns are in PA.  Not only do you have to pay the 21% premium and PA sales tax, but you'll also have to pay for shipping and FFL xfer to NJ.

If you live in PA, this is great news.  If you live in NJ, grab your ankles.

Sapere aude.

Audeamus.

Yeah, we're kind of screwed now that the guns are in PA.  Not only do you have to pay the 21% premium and PA sales tax, but you'll also have to pay for shipping and FFL xfer to NJ.

Handguns yes.  Longguns though, if the auctioneer has an FFL (and I assume s/he must) why couldn't you just pick them up in PA?

"I wish we could sell them another hill at the same price." - Brigadier General Nathanael Greene, June 28, 1775

Handguns yes.  Longguns though, if the auctioneer has an FFL (and I assume s/he must) why couldn't you just pick them up in PA?

FFL has to transfer to an FFL in NJ.  For interstate commerce that is the process.

I also emailed the auctioneer about the move to PA.  Comly, the main auctioneer does not have an FFL, so they had to transfer everything to an auctioneer with an FFL.  Since Comly is located in PA, they used another PA auctioneer with an FFL.  You'll notice that the auction is being conduction not by Comly but by another auctioneer.

I confirmed with them that there will be an FFL fee for non-PA purchasers.

Sapere aude.

Audeamus.