IGNORED

Fletched up a dozen of the FMJ's I bought on Camofire..

BowTechExperience

Got my custom 4" wraps in today and installed neon yellow "x" nocks in the shafts then fletched them with a right helical Neon yellow Blazer vanes.  The FMJ's are really nice arrows.. Waiting till next Saturday for Winter Bow to end then going to tune them up in my Experience. I will loose about 20 fps ,but at 301 fps right now I can afford a 20 fps reduction in speed but will get a huge jump in KE. I've left one shaft without fletching to do my bare shaft tuning...Once it shoots clean paper as a bare shaft, then I will group tune it to see if I need minute adjustments to my rest or yokes on the cables..

Anyway, here is a pic of them fletched...

DSC00774 copy.jpg

FYI: If anyone is interested in 9 VAP Vforce HV spine 400's I will give them to whomever wants them, they are straight, inserts are installed, they have blaze orange tiger stripe wraps and fletched with 2" tiger striped Blazer vanes and orange Easton Super 3-D nocks... They fly great, but are brittle as they are very thinned walled arrows. I shoot them, then I flex them to make sure after each round they are still solid... Total arrow weight is around 316/317 grains complete with a 100 grain head.. See pics below.

DSC02028copy.jpg

Edited by BowTechExperience

Not much. The 4" wraps I use weigh about 5 grains... What it has the potential to do though is stiffen up the arrow, so if you are marginal with arrow spine on the stiff side, ( meaning that your arrows are already a bit stiff for your draw weight and length ) it could cause a tuning issue. I have not found it to be a problem though shooting the Overdrive Binary cams on Bowtechs as they generate a lot of energy..

Cool! When I first got my Trykon was have'n a problem with BH hit'n 3" lower than FPs shoot'n 340 axis 4"vanes. The tec at Sporsmen Center checked my arrows n said that my FOC was real low. He cut bout .5" off n refletched with blazers n my bh hit perfect. So I always wondered if the wraps would through that back off.

You add camo to anything, it immediately becomes cool.

Ordered 2 dozen to use with my new bow. Will fletch with 3" feathers as when they arrive this week.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk

Edited by Bowhunter444

"Don't forget that you're First Marines! Not all the Communists in hell can overrun you!" - Chesty Puller

They look great. Never seen them fletched that far from the nocks. Do they fly better ?

Glad you pointed that out. I was puzzled as to why they appeared to sit farther down the shaft.  I checked them last night..

They actually are about .75" more forward than normal because the FMJ's use an Easton "X" nock and although the throat groove is the same as a standard Easton nock from the throat to the back of the shaft, , the "legs" on the "X" nock are shorter and the nock sits deeper in my nock receiver on my Bitz...  Food for thought when I fletch up the rest of them..

Never seen them fletched that far from the nocks. Do they fly better ?

Fletching actually works better when it's closer to the rear of the arrow. It has more leverage in correcting the arrow back there. As long as it doesn't interfere with anchor point.

However, the difference is small. Where you'd run into a problem is having some fletched forward and some rear. Even then, you'd have to be an excellent archer to notice a real difference at hunting distances.

As Ed noted, the X nocks have short ears, so this is a bit further forward than he'd normally fletch. 

“I have always tempered my killing with respect for the game pursued. I see the animal not only as a target, but as a living creature with more freedom than I will ever have. I take that life if I can, with regret as well as joy, and with the sure knowledge that nature’s way of fang and claw and starvation are a far crueler fate than I bestow.” – Fred Bear

I'm far from n arrow expert n try to learn as much I can about them after the trouble I went threw before. If it wasn't for my vision n lack of a steady hand I would probly do my own .

You add camo to anything, it immediately becomes cool.