• NJ Woods & Water Zazzle Storefront
  • NJ Woods & Water Cafepress Storefront

Welcome to NJ Woods & Water

Sign In  Log in with Facebook

Create Account
Welcome to NJ Woods & Water, like most online communities you must register to post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup.
Come be a part of NJ Woods & Water by signing in or creating an account today!
  • Enter contests and win prizes
  • Start new topics, ask, and answer questions
  • Subscribe to topics and forums you're interested in
  • Get your own profile page, blog, and photo/video galleries
  • Participate in live chat
  • Send personal messages to other members.
  • Share content with your social media such as Facebook, Twitter, and Google+
If you are experiencing trouble creating an account, please click here to submit a support ticket and we will help resolve any issues you may be having!

Photo

Drawing Blood.....

9 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   Swampy

Swampy

Button Buck

• NJW&W Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 89 posts

Posted 02/12/18 - 06:47 PM

I write the names of my boys on each of my arrows. Kind of makes me feel like they are up on the tree with me I alternate who is on the “launch pad” every hunt. On this particular afternoon sit the “Danny” arrow found its mark on a nice freezer filler in early October.This spots kinda cool because the farmer leaves me out a canoe to get to the other side of his property and as long as I wash it when I’m done I’m good to go. Even better still is a couple miles down the road another farmer of mine has a giant walk-in cooler my own little deer drop off no matter which farm I hunt. I’ve given a canoe ride to limits of ducks and a few deer at this spot.....

Attached Images

• 01F20B90-0C49-4C87-8730-59ADF400E249.jpeg
  • CD92B825-C3F7-4B2D-999F-74A86AF8BB2B.jpeg

Edited by Swampy, 02/12/18 - 06:48 PM.

• Like x 9
  • List

#2 Male OFFLINE   trapperjake

trapperjake

Button Buck

• NJW&W Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 35 posts

Posted 02/12/18 - 08:09 PM

Only limits of ducks get a canoe ride. JK. Good way of bringing a memory into a hunt.

#3 Male OFFLINE   Rusty

Rusty

Dominant Buck

• Site Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,913 posts

Posted 02/13/18 - 05:45 AM

Canoes and walk in coolers, you got a nice little set up there Swampy.  How old are your boys?  

#4 OFFLINE   Swampy

Swampy

Button Buck

• NJW&W Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 89 posts

Posted 02/13/18 - 07:52 AM

Canoes and walk in coolers, you got a nice little set up there Swampy.  How old are your boys?

They'll Be 5 in May. They have already been out a few times for sept. Goose. And have been reeling up fluke since they were 3 on the bay. Couple more years and I’ll get them on the water for some easy brant shoots then in a ground blind for deer.
  • Like x 3
  • List

#5 Male OFFLINE   Rusty

Rusty

Dominant Buck

• Site Moderators
  • 11,913 posts

Posted 02/13/18 - 07:54 AM

They'll Be 5 in May. They have already been out a few times for sept. Goose. And have been reeling up fluke since they were 3 on the bay. Couple more years and I’ll get them on the water for some easy brant shoots then in a ground blind for deer.

Nice.   :up:  :up:

#6 Male ONLINE   maximus66

maximus66

8 Pointer

• NJW&W Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 823 posts

Posted 02/13/18 - 10:02 PM

I can see you cant wait till they are out there with you 100% of the time. I am sure you will plant the seed well.
  • Agree x 1
  • List
I've hunted with many a dog but never found one that would do it all until i met... The Boykin

#7 Male OFFLINE   tomturkey

tomturkey

Button Buck

• NJW&W Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 155 posts

Posted 02/14/18 - 07:43 AM

That's awesome, have some nice farmer friends there! 

I do the same with my arrows too

President Tri County Longbeards NWTF

#8 Male OFFLINE   Rusty

Rusty

Dominant Buck

• Site Moderators
  • 11,913 posts

Posted 02/14/18 - 07:48 AM

Your most memorable years are still ahead of you Swampy.  There's nothing better than hunting with your kids.   :up:  :up:   

• Funny x 1
  • List

#9 OFFLINE   Swampy

Swampy

Button Buck

• NJW&W Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 89 posts

Posted 02/14/18 - 08:24 AM

I can see you cant wait till they are out there with you 100% of the time. I am sure you will plant the seed well.

Certainly going to try. Every time I come home they love looking at ducks holding them the can ID couple of them(which is a fun game to play) and they love going to drop off deer and walking around the cooler looking at all the deer.
  • Like x 1
  • List

#10 Male ONLINE   maximus66

maximus66

8 Pointer

• NJW&W Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 823 posts

Posted 02/14/18 - 10:09 AM

Certainly going to try. Every time I come home they love looking at ducks holding them the can ID couple of them(which is a fun game to play) and they love going to drop off deer and walking around the cooler looking at all the deer.

Excellent!
I've hunted with many a dog but never found one that would do it all until i met... The Boykin

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users