IGNORED

Anyone going to Whittingham 3d shoot?

Matty

Anyone going to Whittingham 3d shoot this weekend?

I haven't seen anything about this except on the home page of appalachian bowmen...(not even listed in their events)...

I am hoping to make it on Sunday. I haven't been able to shoot my bow for a while now. Cut a small part of my finger off about a month or so ago and had to reattach it. Can't put any strain on it, so it's been tough and very limiting (and depressing). I did shoot for the first time the other day though and while it doesn't feel like the best thing I can do, I think I can handle 30 shots spread out over a 3d course.

Looks like nice weather for it!

“I have always tempered my killing with respect for the game pursued. I see the animal not only as a target, but as a living creature with more freedom than I will ever have. I take that life if I can, with regret as well as joy, and with the sure knowledge that nature’s way of fang and claw and starvation are a far crueler fate than I bestow.” – Fred Bear

Lots of buddies are going but we will be in CT fishing on Sunday...Have a good time, always loved going to that shoot plus the weather will be great for it Matty....What finger did you injure, hope not your shooting one....

Ring finger on my left hand. You'd think it's not really effected by shooting a bow, but it barely rests against the riser and the shock from the shot hurts like a mother. Shot for about 10 minutes today....and realized I might have to hold off on this...instead of ruining all the healing it's already done. Maybe hit LPA bowhunter roundup next weekend.

Whittingham is a great shoot though. For anyone nearby, get out there and shoot it. They do 3 great courses. I am sad to miss it and who knows, I might wake up with bad judgement and end up there anyway. LOL

“I have always tempered my killing with respect for the game pursued. I see the animal not only as a target, but as a living creature with more freedom than I will ever have. I take that life if I can, with regret as well as joy, and with the sure knowledge that nature’s way of fang and claw and starvation are a far crueler fate than I bestow.” – Fred Bear

That's too bad Matt, hope it heals quickly for you. A few of us did the Readington police 3-D shoot today. Nice course, 30 targets, but the back ups were pretty bad.

It's to benefit the PD so we deal with it, but we suggested to them to maybe have a starter (like a golf outing) and each group can be spaced 5-10 minutes apart. IDK, anybody have any ideas how to move along a 3-D shoot?

I don't mean to disparage the serious target shooters in any way, it's just a fact that they tend to slow down the pace. They are very meticulous, and each shooter takes quite long between shots. Our group of four "fun" shooters, shot and cleared the target area before 2 of the serious shooters were done.

Anyway, just looking for possible suggestions on how to prevent lengthy backups on the course.

How is the Whittingham shoot, any lengthy backups? How do they run it? I haven't been there in many years.