IGNORED

Groundhogging

Lunatic

You're both wrong.

A muzzleloader is simply a weapon loaded via the muzzle, and it can be either a rifle or a smoothbore.  For instance, 18th century Brown Bess smoothbore muskets & 18th century Pennsylvania rifles are both muzzleloaders.

I guess mu slug gun is a rifle as well :happywave:

:offtopic:  What part of my post stating Black Powder with Riffling is a Rifle,  I should know better than getting involved with you but what the Hell :popcorn:

That's not the part of your post that's obviously wrong.

The part of your post that was obviously wrong is the bit where you said, "Muzzle Loader is Smooth Bore."    I should know better than getting involved with the guy who doesn't know how to attach a bipod to a rifle, but I thought, what the hell.

"I wish we could sell them another hill at the same price." - Brigadier General Nathanael Greene, June 28, 1775

One of my favorite hunting subjects.  That's a shotgun that's basically been gamed into a rifle that accepts shotgun shells rather than centerfire cartridges.   Looks like the barrel is even fluted.  Probably pinned too I bet.  These "shotguns" with rifled barrels that can pick off an apple at 200 yards are essentially "shotguns "in name only.    At some point, semantics creep in.  Show how stupid our laws are too.

"I wish we could sell them another hill at the same price." - Brigadier General Nathanael Greene, June 28, 1775

That's not the part of your post that's obviously wrong.

The part of your post that was obviously wrong is the bit where you said, "Muzzle Loader is Smooth Bore."    I should know better than getting involved with the guy who doesn't know how to attach a bipod to a rifle, but I thought, what the hell.

From an Armchair Troll who has a lot to say and Nothing to Show in the public domain.  you have to be a shut-in on meds I would put my years of  Hunting Shooting Fishing Fly Tying Rod Building Gunsmithing for 65 years up against your Armchair banter any day. Sad. Plus you sure have a way of going   :offtopic:

images.jpg

animated-American-flag-white-background-2018.gif

• 1 month later...

It's already opened up for the dog to feast.  Ordinarily they can't get them open with their teeth so ya got to slit them open a bit.

We have a very large population of black and turkey vultures roosting on this farm and they have no problem making it disappear. :-)

I upgraded my scope on the 22-250. I had a 3-9x40, which came with the gun, but looking at a groundhog from 250yards away was challenging. A couple of time it took me several minutes to find the critter after spotting it through my bins.
It was replaced today by Vortex Dimondback 4-12x40. I mounted it yesterday and took it to the farm to get it on target. I don't have a bore sighter but I do something else to get me on target. I take a shot at 20 yards. Then I steady the gun looking through the scope and set the crosshairs back on the dot I was aiming at. Then without moving the gun, and still looking through the scope I walk the crosshairs to where I hit the target by using only the vertical and horizontal adjustments- if you do it right you are sighted in!. Then I move the target to 100 yards and I was 3 inches high. Two more adjustments and at 100 yards I was what you see in the picture. From there I clicked two to the left and four up. With the ammo I use I like to be an inch high and that puts me on target at 200 yards. 4 shots to sight it in isn't bad:-) SO far I love the scope, I was able to see my hits from 100 yards, something I couldn't do with the 3-9x40. Unfortunately the storm rolled in so I couldn't test it on live targets:-) I didn't take anymore shots because the gun was red hot.

IMG_6866.JPG

Edited by Lunatic

• 2 weeks later...

I'm relaxing on the farm this pm. After 3 years there aren't too many groundhogs left but this is better than sitting home. I shot one close to where I park with a 22 but he is just MIA since I never recovered the body. They usually manage to dive in the hole after 22 hit. Now back to 22-250, a more humane gun :-)

IMG_6919.JPG