IGNORED

No Bears for Me???

mattg1500

I seem to be chasing my tail here trying to get bears on bait, or even to come through consistently. I am in Z4 and have only seen a bear maybe 2 times a year before this year. This year I have seen 4, sow with 2 smaller and 1 larger bear always solo. I am getting them on cam maybe every 2-3 weeks just passing through. I started a bait pile about a month ago, 0 bears! I had them on cam about 40yds from the bait and they never went to it. Most recent was the sow and 2 smaller ones on 9/27 at a different stand about 150yds away. Today I baited that stand with a pile, thanks BHC!! and left my barrel at the other stand. I plan on chugging along feeding every squirrel and coon in the town trying to get 1 bear to come to the pile, but at what point do I call it and pull my vacation day for 10/10? :banghead:

THUMB_101MEDIA-EK000400.JPG

Here was my concoction  - 1 jug Kings Syrup,1 jug wildgame Apple pour, 1 bag marshmallows soaked in anise, 1 bag regular mallows, 20oz Vanilla extract, donuts,bagels,rolls. I did this at the barrel also l about 2 weeks ago. Bees seem to love it