IGNORED

Brought home a Tacoma

mazzgolf

Mpg is only better with a 4 cylinder. the 6 cylinder 4x4 is about equal to the tundra

Haven't driven it much - looks like 18 mpg so far (not sure how accurate it is, but that's what the display is telling me). I got the 4-cyl.

I just installed mud flaps and the bed liner this morning before work. I then starting playing around with all the technology this came with, it's crazy how much cars can do these days. It might be old hat to folks that buy new cars every 3 or 4 years, but this is all new to me. Things that I've never had before in my other cars is it tells me the tire pressure for each individual tire, digital compass, but then there's things like weather forecasts (defaults to my current location, so as you are driving, it changes to your current location), GPS shows current traffic. Then of course you can talk to her:

Me: "Where is the nearest restaurant?"

Truck: "Here's a list of restaurants near you."

Me: press "Chipotle" (but I bet if I said "Chipotle" it would have selected it! I need to test that!)

Truck: "Chiptole. Would you like to call them or go there?"

Me: Go there

It then starts telling me the directions and sets up the route in the GPS.

The Bluetooth was nice - pulled in all my contacts. You can say "Call home" and it'll do it.

I haven't tried this yet, but apparently you can tell it to play specific things on the stereo system... "Play album Wind and Wuthering" or "Tune radio to 106.5" 

I bought this thing just for the woods, but now I'm like, "geez, I could live in this thing" - just needs a TV :)

Haven't driven it much - looks like 18 mpg so far (not sure how accurate it is, but that's what the display is telling me). I got the 4-cyl.

I just installed mud flaps and the bed liner this morning before work. I then starting playing around with all the technology this came with, it's crazy how much cars can do these days. It might be old hat to folks that buy new cars every 3 or 4 years, but this is all new to me. Things that I've never had before in my other cars is it tells me the tire pressure for each individual tire, digital compass, but then there's things like weather forecasts (defaults to my current location, so as you are driving, it changes to your current location), GPS shows current traffic. Then of course you can talk to her:

Me: "Where is the nearest restaurant?"

Truck: "Here's a list of restaurants near you."

Me: press "Chipotle" (but I bet if I said "Chipotle" it would have selected it! I need to test that!)

Truck: "Chiptole. Would you like to call them or go there?"

Me: Go there

It then starts telling me the directions and sets up the route in the GPS.

The Bluetooth was nice - pulled in all my contacts. You can say "Call home" and it'll do it.

I haven't tried this yet, but apparently you can tell it to play specific things on the stereo system... "Play album Wind and Wuthering" or "Tune radio to 106.5"

I bought this thing just for the woods, but now I'm like, "geez, I could live in this thing" - just needs a TV :)

Geez...hope it gets better. My Ram 1500 gets 17-18 average and up to 24 on a highway trip.

All the other stuff is awesome though. Good luck with it!

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

- Mack

Geez...hope it gets better. My Ram 1500 gets 17-18 average and up to 24 on a highway trip.

I agree. I'm hoping I can at least top 20mpg average. I haven't driven it much, and none really on highway. In fact, most of my driving with it so far has been in heavy traffic.