IGNORED

My son's 1st experience/catch with the Fly Rod today

LPJR

Load up on San Juans pink and orange egg patterns and suckerspawn spawns they'll crush them on the opener.you and the young boy get into fly tying he will be addicted.theres nothing more rewarding then catching fish on the fly esp one you tied

San Juan pink and orange egg patterns! Great to know, will get some asap....Give you credit because tying flies looks like it takes LOTS of patience which I have ZERO of, lol!

San Juan pink and orange egg patterns! Great to know, will get some asap....Give you credit because tying flies looks like it takes LOTS of patience which I have ZERO of, lol!

That fly is called Infamous Pink Worm (IPW).  It is a basic San Juan worm tied in pink with an orange egg tied in.  It is rainbow candy.  Freshly stocked or completely wild, bows can't resist 'em.   

That fly is called Infamous Pink Worm (IPW).  It is a basic San Juan worm tied in pink with an orange egg tied in.  It is rainbow candy.  Freshly stocked or completely wild, bows can't resist 'em.   

GREAT info, keep it coming.......Oh yea, almost forgot....after spending too much time threading the line into new loops yesterday, my daughter's cat decided to bite both fly lines in half last night after I set up everything by the door to fish with again today......Ended up getting two new loops and having the line attached again. :banghead:

Congratulations to both of you. I'm guessing that under cut below the tree roots held the Bow. Reading a stream is the key to success, next to matching the hatch.

Just in front is where the trout hit, correct! .....The funny thing was my friend and I were above the pool, separate from my son.....

He was stripping in the streamer on his own several times before he yelled he had one, lol. Cannot wait to go back and work the entire section with him....