IGNORED

Largest Buck You Ever Saw While On Stand?

BHC

No pics but I saw a monster In Bucks county a few years ago following a doe about 100 yards away across a field. He was truly the biggest deer with the biggest rack I have ever seen live. What makes it so memorable was that another small buck tried to get close and the big one roared at him. I had never even heard of a buck roar at the time and couldn't believe that a deer could make that sound. I wasn't sure anyone would believe it until I talked to a guy in a QDM booth. He told me about the roar and what it meant.

Patriotism means to stand by the country. It does not mean to stand by the president.

Theodore Roosevelt

image.jpg

Scouted a new farm in Missouri that we got in 2010.

Had tons of trailcam pics of him and tons of summer glassings imbedded in my brain.

I was a guide and only got to hunt when clients weren't in camp...2 days the entire season. Passed on a couple nice ones.

Had a client come in and I threw him up in the stand the Friday before rifle season came in. He grunted a few times at first light and he showed up. Perfect shot but it ran down a creek bottom and up the other side. Took me 45 minutes todrag him 40 yards to the truck.

Got a decent tip $$$ too