IGNORED

Almost a billion magazines greater than 10 on circulation in the US

I don't think there's any question by the judges or anti-gun states that mags with a capacity greater than 10 rounds are in common use throughout the US.

The issue is the anti-gun states are now arguing that magazines are not "arms", they consider them accessories, and therefore aren't covered by the 2nd Amendment so the "in common use" test that Heller, Caetano, and Bruen mandate doesn't apply to magazines. They want magazines to be considered as accessories that can be regulated like other non-firearm items by each state (e.g. alcohol, car sales, etc.) so they don't have to address any of the 2A issues associated with such bans.

Now you, me, and anyone with miniscule amount of firearms knowledge knows magazines are part of arms, I suspect this even includes some of these anti-gun AGs and legislatures, however they are using this argument to draw out the cases as long as possible because they're making judges sift thru a ton of testimony and arguments to first decide if a magazine is considered "arms" then get to the common use test and other 2A protections. Their end goal being to delay in the hopes by the time it's get to SCOTUS the court's makeup will have changed to one that is less supportive of 2A.

Hopefully Judge Sheridan and others won't buy into this argument and will throw out the mag bans quickly. 

Edited by DJ0808