IGNORED

Kansas Preference Points

Has anyone purchased a preference point for Kansas deer? I can't find the option on their website to purchase a point. I read somewhere that you need to buy a hunting license just to be eligible to purchase a point. I hope that is not the case as the non resident license is $125 or so.

Mrs rocky and I did not draw Kansas last year so we should draw this year. If you have not hunted out West yet and you want to get off your azz and start applying. Every year it is getting tougher and tougher to draw a good tag. If you have a youth hunter I would start applying them because of the better odds to draw.

I have been applying for desert bighorn sheep for 30 years now and most likely will never draw that tag. I apply for elk in several different states and I haven't drawn a tag in that many years. 

The original poster did not like the $125.00 fee he was concerned about and I understand that, but if you want to play the lottery big tag game you will be spending much more than that buying licenses you wont use so you can retain bonus points.

Pretty soon it will be "The Kings Deer" kinda thing which sucks. I feel bad for the younger hunters who will not get the same opportunity that I had. 

The first year I applied for Montana elk I was selected.   I wasnt prepared to go that year.  So I gave the tag back

I have friends family or work contacts in  most the western states but I have since applied due to the costs of the permits and applications.  My best friend is in Arizona he’s been bothering me to put in for elk for 20 years I never did because the application. U needed to purchase oa license and back in the early 2000s I think you needed approximately seven or eight points to get selected in his zone.   I didn’t have money or time to put out 16 or $1800 just to get selected for a tag 8 years later.   And yes it’s worse now.     Totally a rich man’s sport 

but again.  All what you like 

I did it yesterday. Hope I did it right. Seems to be open, as I had an option to purchase a pref point 

I found it under “limited draw applications”. Then “point only application” 

Edited by Nadornati

I would buy the license if that's what I need to do. Just don't want to spend the extra money if it's not necessary. I see no option to pick up a point on their site. Just options to buy licenses. I'm trying to be proactive since I won't be able to go on the trip until 25 at the earliest. Just trying to make sure I can get a tag when I'm able to go. 

48 minutes ago, paposse48 said:

I would buy the license if that's what I need to do. Just don't want to spend the extra money if it's not necessary. I see no option to pick up a point on their site. Just options to buy licenses. I'm trying to be proactive since I won't be able to go on the trip until 25 at the earliest. Just trying to make sure I can get a tag when I'm able to go. 

I found an option to purchase a point. 
call DNR if ur having issues 

A preference point will be given to those applicants who are unsuccessful in the Resident Draw. If you do not want to apply for a permit and want to purchase a preference point only, select preference point only online for $12.50 from May 14 thru June 14, 2024. Only one preference point may be obtained per year.

"think how dumb the average person is, then remember half of them are dumber than that"

7 hours ago, Nadornati said:

I did it yesterday. Hope I did it right. Seems to be open, as I had an option to purchase a pref point 

I found it under “limited draw applications”. Then “point only application” 

post some screen shots 

"think how dumb the average person is, then remember half of them are dumber than that"