IGNORED

Sunday's Meal Soon To Be Ready !!

BHC

17 hours ago, Jim_ said:

Your family is awesome. The sauce from tomatoes, make your own braciole, etc

That's how it was when I was a kid and went to my Great Aunt's house in the Italian section of Elizabeth most Sundays.

Now in my house, it's Prego jar sauce and meatballs from the market. You guys are keeping the traditions alive. :up:

Kick it up a few notches and buy Rao's Sauce. ;)

18 minutes ago, archer36 said:

Compared to Prego, it's good. :rofl:

well actually they are all fake and loaded with crap, we pick our tomatoes, and if we run out we then buy a good quality San Marzano DOP, and that looks like the case  cause I only have 5 mason jars left till next picking season

13 minutes ago, BHC said:

well actually they are all fake and loaded with crap, we pick our tomatoes, and if we run out we then buy a good quality San Marzano DOP, and that looks like the case  cause I only have 5 mason jars left till next picking season

Of course. Nothing like homemade. But, for those who don't, Rao's is said to be the best.

Look at the ingredients label. The cheap stuff is made with tomato paste and sugar. The better stuff has fresh tomatoes and no sugar. But a lot of people love that sweet sauce like Prego. So what! It's their business. 

:happywave:

IMG_20240325_081504.jpg

Edited by archer36

1 hour ago, archer36 said:

Of course. Nothing like homemade. But, for those who don't, Rao's is said to be the best.

Look at the ingredients label. The cheap stuff is made with tomato paste and sugar. The better stuff has fresh tomatoes and no sugar. But a lot of people love that sweet sauce like Prego. So what! It's their business. 

:happywave:

IMG_20240325_081504.jpg

Oregano. 🤮maybe for pizza.