IGNORED

Grim Reaper mini mags ??????

hammer4reel

9 minutes ago, Buckeyes11 said:

These are great heads. Have friends that use em with zero issues. Might try em if I ever run out of Spitfires. Can’t justify switching 

Lots of great broadheads that all get it done .

Spitfires and Kill zones are very well made 

Captain Dan Bias

REELMUSIC SPORTFISHING

50# Striper live release club.

http://reelmusicsportfishing.blogspot.com/

There can be advantages of one over the other but that won't be known until it passes through a deer. Depending on where the shot is, the (4) shorter blades may be better than the (3) longer blades. If you are looking for a new head that is devastating out of a crossbow, look into these:

swatbroadheads

I know a guy in deer control. Has used these over and over and only had to change a few blades. Are more economical in the long run. 

They are the most devastating heads he ever used and he kills 100's of deer a year. 

Edited by archer36

12 hours ago, nmc02 said:

I won't change what I am shooting...if it ain't broke....

I never use a broadhead twice. Did it's job, then retired.

This ^^^^^^^

Rage Hypodermics entrance holes are among the best I have seen. Especially slightly quartering away shots like this does was a couple weeks ago. 

I shoot a new head each time. One and done heads for me as well. 

Resized_20231130_172116 (1).jpeg

Edited by LPJR

5 minutes ago, LPJR said:

This ^^^^^^^

Rage Hypodermics entrance holes are among the best I have seen. Especially slightly quartering away shots like this does was a couple weeks ago. 

One and done heads for me. Shooting a brand new head each time works for me. 

I used Spitfires this year and after harvesting 4 deer, bent blades are the problem. I got them at a reasonable price, so I trash them. 

Edited by archer36

2 minutes ago, LPJR said:

This ^^^^^^^

I shoot a new head each time. One and done heads for me as well. 

While those huge gashes look devastating . And def let blood pour out of the gaping hole .

i personally don’t want that . As it means the head slid down the outside of the rib cage before finally entering it .

if done on a shot closer to the V it could end up in the shoulder instead of in line with where it hit first .

I like a head that’s ferrule doesn’t allow that slide . It enters exactly where it hits and loses no penetration from deflection .

Captain Dan Bias

REELMUSIC SPORTFISHING

50# Striper live release club.

http://reelmusicsportfishing.blogspot.com/

Shot whitetail special  grim reapers for years never had any issues loved em until I had 2 issues in one season then I was done. Shot a buck quartering away at 40 yards hit it by the last rib but deflected and rode up the rib cage and came back out through the same side shoulder.. I did get the deer had to finish it off I’ve got it on video somewhere I’ll dig it out you can hear and see the deflection in slow motion not a good look… then I had shot a doe through both scapulas in January at 30 yards got a pass through no problem but when I went to sight of impact I didn’t see much blood upon closer inspection of sight of impact I found all 3 blades on the ground they broke off on impact tracked the doe 150 yards or so with very little blood. Perfect pencil sized hole entry and exit the sharp point was more than enough to kill the deer it was a brand new head not sure if it being 12 degrees out had anything to do with it breaking or not but got that on video too. I loved the heads but stopped using them after that season. Nothing against them just had a couple bad experiences in one season.